+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Donzy on the Swans...

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    .....looks to me like a 0-0 bore draw is the likeliest outcome.
    oh dear.....I'd just about talked myself into watching the game - now I'm not so sure....as really can't go through the suffering of another Burnley borefest - perhaps i'll see if Mrs Norder can arrange some inescapable event for me to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Our lot might be down in the dumps and just plain knackered and jet lagged after the latest round of internationals?
    Its about time we had a brilliant home performance against a team (on paper) we should be demolishing, I don't want any excuses on Saturday, with Norder's post (same old, same old) we have all had a belly full of that, never mind the position we are in the League, a great win with a very good performance is long overdue.

Nicely put together Donz

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Its about time we had a brilliant home performance against a team (on paper) we should be demolishing, I don't want any excuses on Saturday, with Norder's post (same old, same old) we have all had a belly full of that, never mind the position we are in the League, a great win with a very good performance is long overdue.

Nicely put together Donz
    Not going to happen Alto - we simply cannot play that way. Negate the opposition and nick it with a single goal, boring it maybe but it's really bloody effective.

Its about time we had a brilliant home performance against a team (on paper) we should be demolishing,
    I don't get it Alto, Swansea have played five away games, they've only lost two of them, both by a single goal, they've kept clean sheets in three of those five games, Spurs couldn't score against them, they've only conceded three goals in those five games. What are you seeing (on paper) that makes you say we should be demolishing them ? Everything on the paper I'm looking at tells me it's going to be a very difficult game to win.

Everything good alf and while not posting much lately been reading comments every day. These international breaks are so tedious, I put football on the back burner for a couple of weeks other than my match preview.

No international breaks now until March and plenty of league games coming up including a busy Christmas period.

The Clarets have done us proud this season and the only bugbear for me is this constant linking of Dyche to other clubs.

Cheers alto for the comment on this week's article.

BT - must try and get together pre match in Wetherspoons before Christmas and any other posters up for a pint and chat
    Last edited by thedonz; 16-11-2017 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

oh dear.....I'd just about talked myself into watching the game - now I'm not so sure....as really can't go through the suffering of another Burnley borefest - perhaps i'll see if Mrs Norder can arrange some inescapable event for me to attend.

Don't do it Norder, don't give in to it, however dire the game it's surely preferable to shopping on a Saturday afternoon with the missus. I know of people who have done that and never been seen at a football match again. Just grit your teeth and bear it, soon enough we'll be back in the Championship playing 'proper' football again.

We have yet to beat Swansea in the top tier of English football --- come on Norder, you don't want to miss a bit of history --do you?
    This century we have played Swansea 8 times and have only beat them once and drawn once. In those eight games we have failed to score on 5 occasions and Swansea have scored in every game --time to change things!

Selling their 2 best players, Sigurdsson and Llorente, has hurt Swansea and for me explains why they are not scoring.

I hope Clement gambles on starting with his more creative players, one or two just returning from injury because I think this will play into the hands of our high tempo game.

However he may have given a clue to how he intends to set up when after another defeat in the last game to Brighton , he said they have to learn how to win dirty
    Last edited by thedonz; 16-11-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I don't get it Alto, Swansea have played five away games, they've only lost two of them, both by a single goal, they've kept clean sheets in three of those five games, Spurs couldn't score against them, they've only conceded three goals in those five games. What are you seeing (on paper) that makes you say we should be demolishing them ? Everything on the paper I'm looking at tells me it's going to be a very difficult game to win.
    As you know I'm not into stats much Sinkov even if I said "On Paper", its just the position of Swansea in the league compared to us, coupled with them losing a couple of important players, from what I have seen of Swansea (on TV and internet) this season they look toothless, and with Clement in charge who IMO is praised too highly.

After saying that we all know if we don't perform then yes it will be a tight game and one we can lose, hence "a very good performance is long overdue".

"Negate the opposition and nick it" is very boring BT, and I think you'll find a lot of Clarets (and other teams fans) don't like it, it may keep the one's who pride themselves that their team is in the Prem, but I want to my/our Club to prosper not just survive with negative performances.

As you know I'm not into stats much Sinkov even if I said "On Paper", its just the position of Swansea in the league compared to us, coupled with them losing a couple of important players, from what I have seen of Swansea (on TV and internet) this season they look toothless, and with Clement in charge who IMO is praised too highly.

After saying that we all know if we don't perform then yes it will be a tight game and one we can lose, hence "a very good performance is long overdue".

"Negate the opposition and nick it" is very boring BT, and I think you'll find a lot of Clarets (and other teams fans) don't like it, it may keep the one's who pride themselves that their team is in the Prem, but I want to my/our Club to prosper not just survive with negative performances.
    I think if the truth be known we would all like to see entertaining football Alto and not back to the walls defending all the time,Unfortunately with the squad we have its always going to be like that under Dyche ..If you want entertaining football Dyche would have to go ..Only other option is be to have owners like Citeh,but we all know that's not going to happen..Personally I don't like the premiership,but I think we need to stay in it as long as possible to earn as much money as possible to keep our club going forward and building towards the future so the younger generation can enjoy the ups and downs of being a Clarets fans like we have done..

Its always going to be a Big Dipper ride being a Claret..We wouldnt want it any other way would we..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)