+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Army ousts Mugabe

He certainly phooooked up a beautiful country in more ways than one Alf.
    Rhodesia was as near to paradise as I could ever imagine.
    I know the apartheid policy and maltreatment of the indigenous people was fatally flawed but I am sure the successive British Governments involved in the transition could have done much better.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Say his name backwards and it’s
    e ba gum
    I wonder if anyone's ever been brave enough, or foolhardy enough, to point that out to him. Somehow I doubt he has much of a sense of humour.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    He certainly phooooked up a beautiful country in more ways than one Alf.
    Rhodesia was as near to paradise as I could ever imagine.
    I know the apartheid policy and maltreatment of the indigenous people was fatally flawed but I am sure the successive British Governments involved in the transition could have done much better.
    Our governments have messed up quite a few countries over the years TEC ..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    If you get Corbyn in you can ad the UK to the list as well.

Aye, and most of them ended up a bigger mess after we left them to it. Even now we send £13 billion a year abroad to help bail them out.

Whilst that may be true to some extent in our Colonial Times there were many benefits we brought to these countries and much of the world.
    If twe were so bad why are there 52 Countries still in the Commonwealth from Africa, Asia, The America’s and Europe.

http://thecommonwealth.org/member-countries

Whilst that may be true to some extent in our Colonial Times there were many benefits we brought to these countries and much of the world.
    If twe were so bad why are there 52 Countries still in the Commonwealth from Africa, Asia, The America’s and Europe.

Becaues we we probably give them billions of pounds a year to stop in OC

Say his name backwards and it’s
    e ba gum

Now that's funny. No doubt he's wearing a 'ratter'?

Countries have always invaded and colonised, it happened to England multiple times. 200 years ago the Europeans were colonising places around the globe, take a look at a map and look what happened to places Britain ran. USA, Australia, Canada, NZ, Singapore, then look at what the French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italians etc left when they had finished. Here in NZ the Maori signed the treaty of Waitangi with the British because they knew it was a damned sight better than having the French here. Whining about the British Empire reminds me of the 'What have the Romans done for us' sketch in Life of Brian.

Well said NZ
    You can add Malaysia, the most successful Muslim state business wise and Hong Kong to that list. India has adopted a lot of English ways and is becoming a power house, despite us having to make a sharp exit after the war and the consequent disaster of partitioning.
    Nigeria is one of the most successful African countries.

Back to Zimbabwe it sounds like the Vice President could be more fearsome than Mugabe with his nickname of Crocodile.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)