+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brooks, the real deal

Brooks, the real deal

DAVID BROOKS -STAR MAN

The Sheffield United man was buzzing with confidence in the opening stages and delivered two fizzing crosses into the box. Panama doubled up on him, such was his threat. Fired into the side netting and also had a shot deflected wide. Substituted after 71 minutes. 8.

Mentioned non stop and raved about by the presenters. Seems Tufty and Coleman had a deal that if Brooksy is to start on Friday he would take him off early, according to Hartson.

Star man,and not even played in his best position,

He was described as both elegant to watch and yet tenacious. I’m not too sure about the latter but this is definitely some player we’ve got.

Hope he's not tired for Friday,mind you i can see him getting clogged at Burton.

He's like Willo the Wisp - glides around the place effortlessly. Don't really remember George Best, but I suspect he was a similar player.

Suspect he will start on the subs bench on Friday - but we have other options which is a great place to be. Can't wait for the game - its been ages!

I wouldn't begin to compare him to George but i said pre season the goal he scored against chezzy reminded me of him

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    I wouldn't begin to compare him to George but i said pre season the goal he scored against chezzy reminded me of him
    Not yet Bully

One thing's for certain BROOKSY dunt chuff abart off the field like the late gr8 GEORGIE boy did.I've said all along he shows flashes of class everytime i've seen him play,i just hope we can keep him for a couple more years but the more he plays for Wales the harder it'll be for us to keep him.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    He's like Willo the Wisp - glides around the place effortlessly. Don't really remember George Best, but I suspect he was a similar player.

Suspect he will start on the subs bench on Friday - but we have other options which is a great place to be. Can't wait for the game - its been ages!
    Good shout A, Brooksy is not blessed with blistering pace but he seems to glide past players effortlessly and its something I cant get my head around from the terraces so it must be even harder for the guys playing against him.

To mention him in the same breath alongside George Best might be a little harsh on the lad because Besty was something else but they were talking about him on Talk Sport the other night being the next Ryan Giggs ?, again a class act (on the field) to follow but this lad is something special and I cant remember a Blade in this category since TC back in the 70s.

I really hope he gets some protection from referees because already his reputation is spreading and there have been isolated instances where he has been the target of some physical stuff (Which he just bounces off this) and some attempted wind ups ie QPR away the other week, as well as the Forest players trying to unnerve him in the corner flag area towards the end of our 2-1 defeat there.

The lad is a breath of fresh air though and I cant wait to see him again this Friday although he will probably be on the bench until the last 20 minutes or so. UTB

George was a veteran of the old first div at Brooke’s age I said he looked like a young Giggs at Chesterfield Bully.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast