+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doc returns to Rotherham United on Saturday.

The Doc returns to Rotherham United on Saturday.

Tommy Docherty returns to Rotherham on Saturday, has Ian Breckins guest, 50 years this month he became manager for the Millers.
    Also guests for the Shrewsbury game are, David Bentley, Roy Tunks, Steve Downes, Trevor Womble, & Johnny Quinn.

When I see David Bentley's name, I always remember the game the Millers played against Leeds United at Millmoor, when Jack Charlton pole axed Bentley, with it being the mighty Leeds, Charlton didn't get booked.

Warnock thinks a lot about himself but he didn't fill the ground when he became manager. Tommy Doc filled Millmoor. It didn't end good but unforgettable while he was here. He's more than welcome here by me.

Is he the one who said I will get Rotherham out of this division and did so by getting them relegated?

Give me Warnock any day.

Tommy Doc sold John Galley to our main relegation rivals Bristol City without even seeing him play, he kept city up with the goals he scored (hat-trick on his debut if i remember correctly) and millers were relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Warnock thinks a lot about himself but he didn't fill the ground when he became manager. Tommy Doc filled Millmoor. It didn't end good but unforgettable while he was here. He's more than welcome here by me.
    Docherty got us relegated, Warnock kept us up. Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Docherty got us relegated, Warnock kept us up. Enough said.
    We were a dead duck when the Doc took over, yes we went down but the football we played with him in charge was some of the best I've ever seen from the Millers.

I couldn't really compare though i'd say that the two era's are completely different in terms of styles, fitness, professionalism etc.

Since when did John give up hosting in Hospitality?

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Since when did John give up hosting in Hospitality?

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Just a few attendances under Warnock

But then again, you never usually let facts get in the way of your opinion.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast