+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Doc returns to Rotherham United on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    You should know by now that if gwru doesn't rate the acheivements, they don't count.
    I was there when Tommy Doc became our manager. Biggest crowds I've ever known us have. Can remember playing on a terrible night game against Plymouth. We won with a Tiler goal before 16,500 at Millmoor. I checked the facts. 8,400 home fans for Warnocks 1st game at the NYS. Tommy Doc's 1st game at Millmoor crowd increased by 9,000. As managers has Warnock ever managed clubs like Chelsea or Man U or won a FA Cup. I know who'll be remembered in years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    I know who'll be remembered in years to come.
    Both of them, it's not a competition

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    The Doc talking to Brian Tiler (and I think, Jim McAnearney on the right)Attachment 7202
    Ithink Alan Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    From what I can remember that wooden rattle was mine our kid. You pinched it off me...

Happy days....keep in touch...
    No casper it was deffo pgw cos he spelt Galley with only one L

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    This is a bit like that famous question in the Monty Python film: "What did the Romans do for us?"

Well gwru, Warnock achieved the following as a manager:
    Promotions
    1986–87: Conference winners (promotion to Division 4) – Scarborough
    1989–90: Division 3 Playoff winners (promotion to Division 2) – Notts County
    1990–91: Division 2 Playoff winners (promotion to Division 1) – Notts County
    1994–95: Division 2 Playoff winners (promotion to Division 1) – Huddersfield Town
    1995–96: Division 3 Playoff winners (promotion to Division 2) – Plymouth Argyle
    2005–06: Championship runners-up (promotion to Premier League) – Sheffield United
    2010–11: Championship winners (promotion to Premier League) – Queens Park Rangers

Manager of the month
    2002–03: (Division 1 Manager of the Month): January – Sheffield United
    2003–04: (Division 1 Manager of the Month): November – Sheffield United
    2004–05: (Division 1 Manager of the Month): December – Sheffield United
    2007–08: (Championship Manager of the Month): December – Crystal Palace
    2010–11: (Championship Manager of the Month): August – QPR
    2010–11: (Championship Manager of the Month): September – QPR
    2015–16: (Championship Manager of the Month): March – Rotherham United
    2016–17: (Championship Manager of the Month): August - Cardiff City
    Add the Relegation escapes, Warnock's forte. Whats he ever done for us.
    Bloody Romans

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Since when did John give up hosting in Hospitality?
    "Has" you can see, they are keeping it in the family

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    I was there when Tommy Doc became our manager. Biggest crowds I've ever known us have. Can remember playing on a terrible night game against Plymouth. We won with a Tiler goal before 16,500 at Millmoor. I checked the facts. 8,400 home fans for Warnocks 1st game at the NYS. Tommy Doc's 1st game at Millmoor crowd increased by 9,000. As managers has Warnock ever managed clubs like Chelsea or Man U or won a FA Cup. I know who'll be remembered in years to come.
    Like many more managers gwru...ok with money to spend at big clubs...he proved how good he was with little money...to compare crowds 50 years apart is ridiculous...take something to relax you and go back to bed...

The Doc arriving pulled my dad back to Millmoor. He returned taking me and my brother. Our first game was Preston, around new year. We won, and started a mini revival. Alas, not enough to avoid the drop. Our cup run to the fifth round was fantastic.
    We also had a number of high profile friendliest, against Bratislava and Celtic. Never a dull moment with the Doc.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234