+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Football League podcast

Football League podcast

With Martin Allen, talking about Barnet mostly but a bit about himself and his past.

https://audioboom.com/posts/6486983-...r-football-men

Not sure if anybody is actually interested in this but anyway I'll bump it up to the top because today's edition will be talking about Luton and Notts. It should be online by about 4 pm this afternoon.

These 'Totally' podcasts are by ex Guardian journalists who used to contribute to the Guardian Football Weekly podcast and then broke away to make their own show. They have this one about the Football League, another one about the Prem / CL, and there's another one coming soon about Italian football. They're worth a listen IMO.

I do occasionally listen if they're covering something I'm interested in. The piece about AFC Wimbledon a few weeks ago was fascinating. Will definitely check out this week's.

I listened to a couple of James Richardson's new one, but the focus on the Prem and Champions League took the shine off for me. They're the parts of football I already feel a bit over-saturated with...

I download both the Totally Football podcasts, generally very good. I don’t think Jimbo has quite found his feet yet, so still prefer Football Weekly.

Thanks for the tip about today’s show, it’s about time Notts got a decent mention!

Steve cherry as just put on my Facebook. that he is on soccer am on boxing day he recorded it yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I download both the Totally Football podcasts, generally very good. I don’t think Jimbo has quite found his feet yet, so still prefer Football Weekly.

Thanks for the tip about today’s show, it’s about time Notts got a decent mention!
    We got a mention on this week's Football Weekly too... apparently we have a great player called "Hor-hay Grant"!

Well it was yet more about Luton in the end, though they did say they thought both sides were a “shoe in” to go up.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Well it was yet more about Luton in the end, though they did say they thought both sides were a “shoe in” to go up.
    I actually still haven't listened to it, will try and get round to it today.

I think Jimbo is the best presenter in the business, and Totally Football have probably got most of the interesting contributors, including some of the previously unknown ones they've just started using. Unfortunately they've still got James erm, erm, Horncastle, how on earth he's made a career in broadcasting I'll never know.

IMO Football Weekly is still worth a listen for Barry Glendenning, Sid Lowe, Jacob Steinberg, and of course the great Barney Ronay on the rare occasions he's on.