+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kieffer v Clarke-Harris

The only way JCH. Will change a lot of people’s mind is to put a proper shift in.
    Tbf in the short time he was on last Saturday he made a difference.
    The reson he isn’t in the team imo is that he doesn’t do it often enough.

Got a feeling he wil come on Saturday and score.

First I wouldn’t want Jono to leave us on a freebie I’m sick of letting players go for nothing howare we ever going to save money for new players if we just give players away. Swap him for someone else if anything.

Second gwru is right about 1 thing we need someone else up front

Third and lastly have you noticed how Jono and Yates are always practicing together I get the feeling warne is preparing for Moore’s Ipswich return and is planning on Jono and Yates to start next year up front. If he is and it works I can see Yates assisting and Jono banging them in. If it don’t work then it’s gonna be hell for us fans. Ether way you don’t practice with each other every day without building up team work, but will they be ready that is the question

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    First I wouldn’t want Jono to leave us on a freebie I’m sick of letting players go for nothing howare we ever going to save money for new players if we just give players away. Swap him for someone else if anything.

Third and lastly have you noticed how Jono and Yates are always practicing together I get the feeling warne is preparing for Moore’s Ipswich return and is planning on Jono and Yates to start next year up front. If he is and it works I can see Yates assisting and Jono banging them in. If it don’t work then it’s gonna be hell for us fans. Ether way you don’t practice with each other every day without building up team work, but will they be ready that is the question
    You talk like there's no training during the week, and taking your opinion on substitutes kicking in at half time is not a really a good method on forming said opinions....

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    You talk like there's no training during the week, and taking your opinion on substitutes kicking in at half time is not a really a good method on forming said opinions....
    Not just half time reserves matches and training at roundwood

Just out of interest what do you think JCH is worth and why?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Who knows?

The lad is always in the stock room not in the shop window.

Reading what Warne days about Moore keeping him out of the team then does that mean JCH will be first choice when Moore goes back to Ipswich?

I think not, Warne picks his mates and JCH isn't one of them.

Both JCH and Yates are just there to give Warne options he's not brave enough to take. So he should give them a chance and send them out on loan. I'm sure he can find alternative benchwarmers to take their places.

Meanwhile our manager is hoping crock Frecklington will play at least 20 games in a 46 game season.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    At the moment I’d say about 400k to 500k He’s got championship experience and has power but unfortunately due to his injury last year he’s just under what I’d exspect to to pay for a L2 top goal scorer runner up. Talent was there to make him a championship star but his injury our poor training ground (before renovations) and a complete lack of game time this year has hurt his career (in my opinion)

Maybe we will sell him for just over what we paid for him, maybe we will trade him for someone younger, or maybe we will keep him and he will bang goals in every match (maybe wishful thinking) but I do think with his age and current level we should get something for him off a league 2 club

At the moment I’d say about 400k to 500k He’s got championship experience and has power but unfortunately due to his injury last year he’s just under what I’d exspect to to pay for a L2 top goal scorer runner up. Talent was there to make him a championship star but his injury our poor training ground (before renovations) and a complete lack of game time this year has hurt his career (in my opinion)

Maybe we will sell him for just over what we paid for him, maybe we will trade him for someone younger, or maybe we will keep him and he will bang goals in every match (maybe wishful thinking) but I do think with his age and current level we should get something for him off a league 2 club
    He's out of contract at the end of the season, I don't think he's scored a goal in the league for nearly 2 years, we'd be lucky to 40 or 50 quid for him, never mind 400k to 500k. If he leaves in January he's going for free or a nominal fee at the most.

Thanks for that.
    I have to say I think your valuation of JCH is wildly optimistic to say the least.
    His goalscoring record for a striker is dreadful and he missed most of last season through injury.
    I'll be surprised if we get anything for him when he gets moved on in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    He's out of contract at the end of the season, I don't think he's scored a goal in the league for nearly 2 years, we'd be lucky to 40 or 50 quid for him, never mind 400k to 500k. If he leaves in January he's going for free or a nominal fee at the most.
    Plenty of other players who have the same record and still get sold, some of them haven’t missed a year like Jono had and were a lot older. Remember one mans trash is another mans treasure. (Not saying Jono is trash btw just underdeveloped)

Proctors record for exsample was twice as bad as Jono yet we bought him and rumours were we wasn’t the only one willing to spend. So I think letting Jono go for free is a but daft

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast