+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This Heckingbottom caper

Sorry Ponte I got wrong jest about the post and YES he should have been offered a good contract earlier

Google Paul Heckingbottom and read interview in the Chronicle Dooali. I think you'll be able to gauge whether or not he's staying from him not ruling himself out. Which he clearly doesn't do. However, he could rule himself out. He either wants it or he doesn't?

He is a wise man Hecky. He just needs to find another two and Jesus is sorted fo Christmas.

Would tha close any options or go public on owt if it wo thee ?

Yeah I would SBRed. I'd be saying I'm happy at Barnsley and will stay here as long as they want me. Which is what he said after promotion to the Championship.

What's changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Yeah I would SBRed. I'd be saying I'm happy at Barnsley and will stay here as long as they want me. Which is what he said after promotion to the Championship.

What's changed?
    Whats changed is uncertainty caused by the takeover.

Hecky now 4-1 and Coleman 1-4 fav

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Whats changed is uncertainty caused by the takeover.
    What’s changed is he’s now a proven Championship manager and clubs will show interest in him which will turn his head

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    Its starting to get a bit boring now!

Its pretty straight forward in my opinion - if you dont want the job make it known to the Directors at the club and then issue a statement to that effect.

When watching a program on TV regarding someone who is being questioned regarding an offence and they reply 'no comment' then you automatically think - GUILTY!

There is clearly mileage in what is being rumoured otherwise we would have heard contrary to that.

The club can only blame itself for not offering him a deal that is in my opinion befitting of someone with his potential. He is one of the few managers in the game that appears to actually improve a player - can the same be said of alot of the very 'top' managers in the world?

If we now go back with an improved deal it is very much a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

With regards to 3 years contract etc then it is irrelevant, a manager will generally receive no more than 75% of 1 years salary as severance money so 1 or 10 years is of no significance. The bigger lure here is that in Sunderland you have arguably one of the top 10-12 supported teams in the country.

I am afraid to say that when he probably leaves (Which I think the only stumbling block will be Sunderlands financial clout or possibly lack of) then we will be seeing another repeat of Mick McCarthy and the 'he's a local bloke and Barnsley will be his swansong'.

He is the best manager we have had since Wilsons first stint and more fool us for not acknowledging this sooner.

Pretty much said the same myself on another thread Renno

Is this going to be another Roberts fiasco where Hecky will be half way up the A1 before someone pulls their finger out of their @ss and produces a competitive contract .

As I type this there should be a two year extension on his current deal and his salary made up to 400k per annum on the table .

I'm not saying it will keep Hecky here because according to an interview I heard tonight on Dearne FM he's also said he has ambitions , ambitions I'm detecting aren't shared under the present ownership .

Managers of the calibre of Hecky are like rocking horse shyte at this club , it will take him to leave before that becomes apparent with one or two on here , it's taken 20 years to find someone who ticks all the boxes once again after christ knows how many attempts including the revisited washed out version .

So stop fecking about and get to it club , treble his brass and show a bit more ambition and we might get a couple more years out of him yet .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Is this going to be another Roberts fiasco where Hecky will be half way up the A1 before someone pulls their finger out of their @ss and produces a competitive contract .

As I type this there should be a two year extension on his current deal and his salary made up to 400k per annum on the table .

I'm not saying it will keep Hecky here because according to an interview I heard tonight on Dearne FM he's also said he has ambitions , ambitions I'm detecting aren't shared under the present ownership .

Managers of the calibre of Hecky are like rocking horse shyte at this club , it will take him to leave before that becomes apparent with one or two on here , it's taken 20 years to find someone who ticks all the boxes once again after christ knows how many attempts including the revisited washed out version .

So stop fecking about and get to it club , treble his brass and show a bit more ambition and we might get a couple more years out of him yet .

Correct

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast