+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: This Heckingbottom caper

As ave said, heckies stock has gone right up, this is ANOTHER team of lower league players and loans, all nippers , nippers to a few o you lot am sure, and by looks of it these are cutting it at this level. If we finish above bottom 3 he will end up getting offered jobs at bigger clubs. So chien lee might be sat on a very good assert in keeping him.

I’ve been watching this all week pooping myself all around the country wondering what’s going on during all sorts of meetings. I’m gunna go all out and support Paul here, the interview clearly states that Paul and Barnsley have had no contact and that Paul loves his job and wants to be at Barnsley - end of! Paul then states the takeover is on going and does not know any stage of where it is at, he can’t comment further (unless you are a rocket scientist or you have signed a nda you can’t). Paul then says takeoverdoesnt matter until it happens (big hint there)! The only question (that reporters will be grabbing words from) is his words of being ambitious and that conversations have been had between him and bfc. For god sake, do we not have those conversations with our own line managers?! It means he has drive to be a success and if something does come along, please, let me see what it is (in our world we go see it and make a decision). Based on your offer you receive you make a decision. Paul is correct in not ruling it out by seeing what he can get but not necessarily taking it, cos he doesn’t know it’s there to take. I get it. It’s very emotional from my point of view but when I apply it to my level of work it’s very understanding!
    I wish Paul stays here for a long time and I get his comments and why he’s made them. I believe he won’t go. Now let’s get behind then on Saturday for another 3 points!

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    What's the point of offering him a big contract now?
    If PC was here for the long haul he'd be mad not to push the boat out and tie him down with a decent contract, but he probably won't be around this time next year. If his family don't want to be involved, why blow a chunk of their inheritance on something they aren't bothered about?
    If this takeover comes off you can guarantee they'll want their own man in.
    Probably a bigger name, probably foreign. One that the asian fans recognise.
    For that reason Hecky would be daft to turn down a big pay day. The fact that he's a local lad, and turned the club around will mean nothing to Mr Lee. Get ready for a succesion of expensive foreign failures that don't connect with the players or the fans.
    Hope I'm wrong.
    They like the way Barnsley is run and are all about developing young players . I wouldn’t expect anything or anyone expensive .

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Times change Ponte we'll do Norwich not like Tom chasing Jerry that pesky Canary
    Jerry was a mouse mate Your thinkin of I tink I taw a putty tat...Sylvester n' Tweety Pie.

Tarot card readers, Crystal ballers, tea leaf readers, we've got them all on here. Each one telling us what will happen and how things are going to change. Not one of us knows what the future holds for BFC it's all speculation, but i did wonder why would a business man like Me Lee, even consider removing a talented up and coming manager that is doing well at the club, to bring in an expensive foreign import that has no connection with the club or players, and think he would do a better job? A few seem to think it's inevitable but I don't. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    As for this Sunderland malarkey. If Paul goes it's with my hearty thanks and best wishes, but the club will carry on. If Paul stays I will be happy as I think he's the best up and coming manager in the country, but he will leave eventually and again, the club will carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Jerry was a mouse mate Your thinkin of I tink I taw a putty tat...Sylvester n' Tweety Pie.

fekkin classic cartoons. Still the best them oldies imo. Ar young un watches more complexed modern cartoons that seem to have her mesmerized. I think they're shyte. Tha Can't beat slapstick humour. I got her into whacky races wi D1ck Dastardly and co. Road Runner n all wi kayote. She likes them and laughs. Just goes to show those old cartoons are timeless.

Plenty of years have gone since I last watched them cartoons Ponte and I must have headed too many casies in my youth

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Why treble his wage ? Most of the people in this country are struggling to make ends meet , basic pay rises you keep banging on about ? Yet you think somebody involved in leisure activities is worth more than a life saving surgeon ? Load ov twallopp , tha seys sum reyt tripe , man of the people ? Arr oreyt , art of thi depth owd lad and tha knos it , tarnhallclocka even Millers mad worked thi art
    Nar then , here we go again with you attacking my character and principles , I make that going on for 3 weeks , shall we make it 4 ? , no skin off my nose I ain't moving an inch .

If you are going to attack a blokes principles it's best you actually have some knowledge , in this case economics and an understanding of how the world actually works .

In an ideal world a surgeon should be paid more than a Head Coach , I get a greater salary than a nurse , maybe I should hang my head in shame and then ask for a lower salary , what do you think ?

Back to economics , an NHS surgeon's salary is paid for by the taxpayer and to receive a salary of £400k per annum the taxpayer better be prepared to practically give his hard earned straight to the NHS and live on charity .

On the other hand Sky are prepared to invest billions into football and fans are happy it seems to buy tickets at high prices , the money is there to pay the high salaries .

Not only that players are traded , another source of funding , Dr Neymar from Barcelona General is unlikely to attract a £180m bid from Paris Royal Infirmary now is he .

Neither are Sky likely to broadcast live open heart operations in front of 75k and millions of subscribers sat at home enjoying the show prepared to pay £50 a month .

It doesn't matter what I believe , the die is already cast and can't be changed .

Maybe if you feel so strongly you should donate your fuel allowance to the NHS instead of using it to purchase a ST - leisure with tax payers money .

Seems to me Hecky's funded his own pay increase , developing players and seeing them sold for millions and of course the £10m the club's received from Sky by keeping us in the championship .

Time he had a slice of the pie in my opinion instead of getting exploited , now that is something I don't like .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Nar then , here we go again with you attacking my character and principles , I make that going on for 3 weeks , shall we make it 4 ? , no skin off my nose I ain't moving an inch .

If you are going to attack a blokes principles it's best you actually have some knowledge , in this case economics and an understanding of how the world actually works .

In an ideal world a surgeon should be paid more than a Head Coach , I get a greater salary than a nurse , maybe I should hang my head in shame and then ask for a lower salary , what do you think ?

Back to economics , an NHS surgeon's salary is paid for by the taxpayer and to receive a salary of £400k per annum the taxpayer better be prepared to practically give his hard earned straight to the NHS and live on charity .

On the other hand Sky are prepared to invest billions into football and fans are happy it seems to buy tickets at high prices , the money is there to pay the high salaries .

Not only that players are traded , another source of funding , Dr Neymar from Barcelona General is unlikely to attract a £180m bid from Paris Royal Infirmary now is he .

Neither are Sky likely to broadcast live open heart operations in front of 75k and millions of subscribers sat at home enjoying the show prepared to pay £50 a month .

It doesn't matter what I believe , the die is already cast and can't be changed .

Maybe if you feel so strongly you should donate your fuel allowance to the NHS instead of using it to purchase a ST - leisure with tax payers money .

Seems to me Hecky's funded his own pay increase , developing players and seeing them sold for millions and of course the £10m the club's received from Sky by keeping us in the championship .

Time he had a slice of the pie in my opinion instead of getting exploited , now that is something I don't like .
    Like and agree

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Like and agree

Me too

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast