+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This Heckingbottom caper

This Heckingbottom caper

Its starting to get a bit boring now!

Its pretty straight forward in my opinion - if you dont want the job make it known to the Directors at the club and then issue a statement to that effect.

When watching a program on TV regarding someone who is being questioned regarding an offence and they reply 'no comment' then you automatically think - GUILTY!

There is clearly mileage in what is being rumoured otherwise we would have heard contrary to that.

The club can only blame itself for not offering him a deal that is in my opinion befitting of someone with his potential. He is one of the few managers in the game that appears to actually improve a player - can the same be said of alot of the very 'top' managers in the world?

If we now go back with an improved deal it is very much a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

With regards to 3 years contract etc then it is irrelevant, a manager will generally receive no more than 75% of 1 years salary as severance money so 1 or 10 years is of no significance. The bigger lure here is that in Sunderland you have arguably one of the top 10-12 supported teams in the country.

I am afraid to say that when he probably leaves (Which I think the only stumbling block will be Sunderlands financial clout or possibly lack of) then we will be seeing another repeat of Mick McCarthy and the 'he's a local bloke and Barnsley will be his swansong'.

He is the best manager we have had since Wilsons first stint and more fool us for not acknowledging this sooner.

That is an absolute top post renno

I wonder whose to blame?

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post

Its pretty straight forward in my opinion - if you dont want the job make it known to the Directors at the club and then issue a statement to that effect.

When watching a program on TV regarding someone who is being questioned regarding an offence and they reply 'no comment' then you automatically think - GUILTY!

There is clearly mileage in what is being rumoured otherwise we would have heard contrary to that.

The club can only blame itself for not offering him a deal that is in my opinion befitting of someone with his potential. He is one of the few managers in the game that appears to actually improve a player - can the same be said of alot of the very 'top' managers in the world?

If we now go back with an improved deal it is very much a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

With regards to 3 years contract etc then it is irrelevant, a manager will generally receive no more than 75% of 1 years salary as severance money so 1 or 10 years is of no significance. The bigger lure here is that in Sunderland you have arguably one of the top 10-12 supported teams in the country.

I am afraid to say that when he probably leaves (Which I think the only stumbling block will be Sunderlands financial clout or possibly lack of) then we will be seeing another repeat of Mick McCarthy and the 'he's a local bloke and Barnsley will be his swansong'.

He is the best manager we have had since Wilsons first stint and more fool us for not acknowledging this sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post

Like,
    PC is probably praying that he goes, so when he gets the sack after the takeover it looks less harsh that he’s lost his job as a result of it. Win/win

Am not sure tha reyt Renns abart football managers only gerrin "75% of one years salary as severance pay". It might be a legal minimum for long term employees in a lot of jobs but football contracts can have owt written into them. Alan Pardew couldn't stop laughing when he got an eight year contract at Newcastle. Sven is still being paid by previous employers. The benefit for a club of a one year rolling contract is to limit payments to one year if the manager is sacked.

Who's to blame Ponte all this takeover sh💲te when none of us knows what is happening including PH

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Who's to blame Ponte all this takeover sh��te when none of us knows what is happening including PH
    He could have been offered improved terms earlier is was I was saying Dooali.

Someone does know what is happening
    If he goes it will be just another one of those mistakes we make very very often

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Someone does know what is happening
    If he goes it will be just another one of those mistakes we make very very often

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast