+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This Heckingbottom caper

Seconded

Why treble his wage ? Most of the people in this country are struggling to make ends meet , basic pay rises you keep banging on about ? Yet you think somebody involved in leisure activities is worth more than a life saving surgeon ? Load ov twallopp , tha seys sum reyt tripe , man of the people ? Arr oreyt , art of thi depth owd lad and tha knos it , tarnhallclocka even Millers mad worked thi art

Ave got no problem treblin heckys money. Spending other peoples money seems fair as I ain't got none. Seriously tho, he's worth a decent contract, club Ave bin and had to buy a trophy cabinet just cos of him. Its never been better than this last 2year for me. The manager should be recognised.

And who says he isn't on a good contract here ? Always playing the poor low paid scenario at Oakwell , making things appear we are really struggling , he is getting a Championship wage and so are the players the size of the club compared to others is a clue, it's all relative to income , we get around 13k average att, Villa , Slumberland, , Fowls , Leeds , Wolves etc get twice as more income thru the turnstiles , and many waste that fortune , we can't be paying one person more than we receive in S/T sales , always going to be a struggle , and those who think differently should consider ! Would I put money into a club leaking funds on wages ,
    Last edited by Romared; 16-11-2017 at 09:49 PM.

I’d give him a raise and a new contract but nothing stupid , the club needs to be able to live within its means

There's an interview with him today on BBC iplayer which I don't know how to post on here. Says he hasn't been approached by Sunderland, it's just like all the speculation that he was going to Norwich last season, said it's all part of the game.
    Didn't deny that he'd consider an offer but said he loves it at Barnsley.

We could all be trying to second guess the result of a two horse race with ours being a non runner.

Hecky doesn’t give much away in interviews and is quite clever in his answers. It’s irrelevant at the moment anyway like you say as he hasn’t been asked

Well we never get owt at Norwich any roard so at least now we've got an excuse

Times change Ponte we'll do Norwich not like Tom chasing Jerry that pesky Canary

What's the point of offering him a big contract now?
    If PC was here for the long haul he'd be mad not to push the boat out and tie him down with a decent contract, but he probably won't be around this time next year. If his family don't want to be involved, why blow a chunk of their inheritance on something they aren't bothered about?
    If this takeover comes off you can guarantee they'll want their own man in.
    Probably a bigger name, probably foreign. One that the asian fans recognise.
    For that reason Hecky would be daft to turn down a big pay day. The fact that he's a local lad, and turned the club around will mean nothing to Mr Lee. Get ready for a succesion of expensive foreign failures that don't connect with the players or the fans.
    Hope I'm wrong.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast