+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peru win

Peru win

2-0 to put New Zealand out of the World Cup.
    Completes a Not very successful week for Clarets.

What you mean OC-? Corkie was in the squad that didnt score against Germany and Brazil......it's been hailed a Mr PBP master stroke....

I think the Burnley players general disappointment could well be carried into our game against a desperate Swansea, who let's face it, are a bit of a bogey team.

Sean wont let them let that play on their minds- They are professionals after- all and he will rally them round- I expect a tight 1 v 0....

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I think the Burnley players general disappointment could well be carried into our game against a desperate Swansea, who let's face it, are a bit of a bogey team.
    Don't be daft BT, they're professional footballers, they lose games regularly, it's nothing they can't cope with. If there's one group of players who can cope with a setback it's those lads, they wouldn't be playing for Dyche otherwise. And you know this, stop moithering.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Don't be daft BT, they're professional footballers, they lose games regularly, it's nothing they can't cope with. If there's one group of players who can cope with a setback it's those lads, they wouldn't be playing for Dyche otherwise. And you know this, stop moithering.
    We don't lose games regularly though sinkov, that's my point! Three lads actively involved in a 5-1 battering is not good for the confidence, plus supping 12 pints of Guinness to drown the disappointment won't have helped either!

Not a problem.

Cork will be on a high after becoming a full international.

I don't think Wood was going to start after all the travelling.

Which leaves Brady, Hendrick and Ward.

We have good cover for all of them if Sean thinks it necessary. In fact, putting Taylor in might be a positive and increase our attacking threat.

Wood has no chance, he is presently 33,000 feet above the Pitcairn Islands!

Wonder if any action will be taken about the shenanigans. The jet fly past, fireworks outside the hotel and most worrying of all laser pens aimed at the All Whites players. Of course no action will be taken!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We don't lose games regularly though sinkov, that's my point! Three lads actively involved in a 5-1 battering is not good for the confidence, plus supping 12 pints of Guinness to drown the disappointment won't have helped either!
    You cannot be serious BT, Defour apart, I would think every single one of our players has played for teams at the wrong end of the table, losing more games then they won. Look at Tom, we signed him from Bristol City after they'd finished bottom and lost 27 games in the season. Never did him any harm.

Twelve pints of Guiness might have worked wonders for them, you never know, or was that Double Diamond ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)