+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price of football in L1

Price of football in L1

Other links in the article aswell

http://bbc.in/2AMfi22

It's *******s really it's assuming everyone subs to SKY.
    It uses the cheapest ticket for Arsenal and not the most widely available does not take into account Membership requirements that some clubs demand for the chance to buy a ticket, or the markup if have to buy via a ticket site.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Other links in the article aswell

http://bbc.in/2AMfi22
    I think we stand up well on this issue.

The article is a bit of a broad brush. In my own example my season ticket for the West Stand cost £240 because I paid early and also qualified for the old and miserable fans discount.

So that's a tad over £10 a game to watch league 1 football in a stadium that's one of the best in the league.

A bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

The article is a bit of a broad brush. In my own example my season ticket for the West Stand cost £240 because I paid early and also qualified for the old and miserable fans discount.

So that's a tad over £10 a game to watch league 1 football in a stadium that's one of the best in the league.

A bargain.
    Not so sure. In the "cheapest season ticket" league table we are 21st out of the 24 in league 1.
    There's a broad brush "cheaper up north" look to the table; apart from us in the midst of a clutch of southern clubs at the bottom.
    Bradford meanwhile are top of the table with an average £149 s/t and pulling 20k crowds. Food for thought?

A bargain.
    To be fair Grist, you deserve a bigger discount

Quote Originally Posted by MillyVanilly View Post
    It's *******s really it's assuming everyone subs to SKY.
    It uses the cheapest ticket for Arsenal and not the most widely available does not take into account Membership requirements that some clubs demand for the chance to buy a ticket, or the markup if have to buy via a ticket site.
    Tell me about it my dads a derby fan they sell entrance fees to access to booze tent where you can buy beer and membership cards so you can buy a ticket it’s a right rip off

A bargain.
    I paid £390 for mine (optimistic fan price)

Works out just under 17 per match I worked it out so long as I turn up to 16 games I get my money’s worth

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    To be fair Grist, you deserve a bigger discount
    Lol yes I agree.

It’s 60 years this year I’ve been grumbling about them.

Thinking about it they should be paying me.

Someone on eBay is selling a season ticket for the 2nd half of the season for a fiver. Mentions something about sitting next to a bloke named gwru

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Someone on eBay is selling a season ticket for the 2nd half of the season for a fiver. Mentions something about sitting next to a bloke named gwru
    I’d want paying to sit there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast