+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: "Dash for Diesel"

Evening Sinkov.

It has to be recognised that China is a super power and, contrary to what some people say, the EU is good at fostering good working trade relationships worldwide. China is good at manufacturing IT equipment, which we all use, and they import mainly raw materials and cars. There has been a long standing relationship between the EU and China - and has been for the benefit of both parties.
    It is true that the UK have been very slow to foster trade with China but recently we have been trying much harder. The problem is that a UK-China deal is not very appetising for China once we leave the EU.
    Like I said earlier, the company which I recently retired from DOES already deal with China - we import from them - and in our field (IT) it is good business. Exporting to them will be much harder for us once we leave the EU.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China%...nion_relations

The Big Two don't count sinkov because they are "Super Powers" and we are not!

You're right BT, we're not a superpower, we are insignificant for them, they can ignore us, treat us with contempt, we are only the world's 5th largest economy, the EU can get along very well without our trade, or our massive contributions to their budget. At least that's the fantasy they are peddling, if only we had politicians with the cojones to call their bluff, sadly we haven't, we're lumbered with a bunch of incompetents, hamstrung by traitors. 17 million British people voted for Brexit, but the political class and establishment are overwhelmingly Remoaners, so we have this ongoing farce. They defy the will of the people at their peril though, they're playing with fire, there are still plenty of available lamp posts in this green and pleasant land.

I don't understand that point Sinkov.

We are definitely leaving the EU on 29th March 2019. Even though, as you say, many politicians think it is a mistake.

You have got your way.

The Brexiteers are now in two separate camps.

There are those who STILL believe that we should be getting a better deal from the EU than the one we have currently (obviously this is never going to happen).

And there are those who want to cut all ties with the EU and simply walk away - and without paying our divorce bill. This hardly makes us look like honest brokers, does it?

But stop fretting. We ARE leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Evening Sinkov.

It has to be recognised that China is a super power and, contrary to what some people say, the EU is good at fostering good working trade relationships worldwide. China is good at manufacturing IT equipment, which we all use, and they import mainly raw materials and cars. There has been a long standing relationship between the EU and China - and has been for the benefit of both parties.
    It is true that the UK have been very slow to foster trade with China but recently we have been trying much harder. The problem is that a UK-China deal is not very appetising for China once we leave the EU.
    Like I said earlier, the company which I recently retired from DOES already deal with China - we import from them - and in our field (IT) it is good business. Exporting to them will be much harder for us once we leave the EU.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China%...nion_relations
    Nevertheless 59/60, my point remains, being outside of the single market and customs union is clearly not an impediment to trade between the USA/China and the EU. In which case, whilst I acknowledge the difficulties incurred by our leaving, there is no reason why it should be catastrophic, given goodwill and co-operation between the two sides to work around the difficulties and resolve the problems.
    An example is the Great Repeal Bill, I think it's called, which would enshrine all EU laws and regulations in our law thus ensuring a smooth transition, last I heard of it the Bill was in difficulty, being blocked by the traitors in Parliament on spurious grounds, Remoaners claiming they had concerns about a potential loss of Parliamentary sovereignty, and this from people who have been overseeing and delighting in a gradual transferring of sovereignty from our Parliament to Brussels for the last 40 years. Hypocrisy on an epic scale.

Sinkov
    There are some concerns that the great repeal Bill be a Trojan Horse as much EU legislation requires the European courts to dictate terms.

WE have decided to leave.

There are a myriad of issues to sort out, and every single one of them needs scrutinising. Would you just give carte blanche to Theresa May to sort it all out without debating the detail?

For instance, the Great Repeal Bill basically does what you say. It enshrines current EU law into our Parliament. But is simply not as simple as that - times will change and every piece of this legislation needs to be scrutinised to see if it is still fit for purpose in our brave new world.

One of the arguments for Brexit was to "rid ourselves of EU laws". But you seem to be happy to accept all these EU laws as OUR laws without the need for them to be even debated in OUR Parliament.

So, are you happy to continue to live in a country that is ruled by current EU laws, or do you think that our Parliamentarians should be able to scrutinise them?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I don't understand that point Sinkov.

We are definitely leaving the EU on 29th March 2019. Even though, as you say, many politicians think it is a mistake.

You have got your way.

The Brexiteers are now in two separate camps.

There are those who STILL believe that we should be getting a better deal from the EU than the one we have currently (obviously this is never going to happen).

And there are those who want to cut all ties with the EU and simply walk away - and without paying our divorce bill. This hardly makes us look like honest brokers, does it?

But stop fretting. We ARE leaving.
    I think it was Peter Hitchens who described it best, he said we were never enthusiatic members of the EU, we didn't join the Euro, and with all the opt-outs and rebates we had negotiated, in reality we were sort of half in and half out. What the Remoanians are actively aiming for, and with the vast majority of the establishment, the politicians and the civil service being Remoanians they have a fair chance of succeeding, is a situation where we are half out and half in.

We ARE nowhere near out, already the point has been conceded that at the end of the the two years there should be a further two year transition period when we will still be paying billions into the EU and subject to their laws. Do not underestimate the power and determination of the British establishment and political class to preserve the status quo as far as they can, this is far from over.

Straight after the referendum I said the battle had only just begun, and the biggest difficulty in achieving Brexit would be found not in Brussels but here in the UK. Everything that's happened since has proved me right.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Sinkov
    There are some concerns that the great repeal Bill be a Trojan Horse as much EU legislation requires the European courts to dictate terms.
    I'm no lawyer OC, I just understood that once all that EU stuff was incorporated into UK law, it became UK law and thus outside the jurisdiction of EU courts. The purpose was to give certainty to companies trading in the EU that they would still be trading under the same regs. There may well be concerns, but the one about Henry VIII powers is laughable, those moaning about that are the very ones who are happy to see the EU with more Henry VIII powers than you can shake a ****ty stick at.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)