+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Project Brave Banding

Project Brave Banding

ELITE - ABERDEEN, CELTIC, HAMILTON, HEARTS, HIBS, KILLIE, MOTHERWELL , RANGERS
    PROGRESSIVE - AYR UTD, DUNDEE UTD, FORTH VALLEY, INVERNESS C.T., PARTICK THISTLE,
    ROSS COUNTY, ST. MIRREN, ST. JOHNSTONE
    PERFORMANCE - DUNDEE, FIFE, MORTON, QUEENS PARK.
    Does Queens youth set - up not tick the boxes or more likely
    would the financial outlay required to be too expensive ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    ELITE - ABERDEEN, CELTIC, HAMILTON, HEARTS, HIBS, KILLIE, MOTHERWELL , RANGERS
    PROGRESSIVE - AYR UTD, DUNDEE UTD, FORTH VALLEY, INVERNESS C.T., PARTICK THISTLE,
    ROSS COUNTY, ST. MIRREN, ST. JOHNSTONE
    PERFORMANCE - DUNDEE, FIFE, MORTON, QUEENS PARK.
    Does Queens youth set - up not tick the boxes or more likely
    would the financial outlay required to be too expensive ?

I predict Project Brave to be a complete shambles

you had to apply to be involved with project brave looks like queens never applied ,and also ross county not there with one of the best if not the best youth and academy setups in scotland .

why o why does malky not get the government involved as currently up and down the country D & G especially there is no league football at primery schools anymore ,when i was at locharbriggs primery we had a proud team and standards no team there for years now and we were in a league of 14 teams around the d& g area ,malky needs to get the government to force primarys to have compedative football teams as this is essential grass roots that aint there atol .without these school teams theres hardly any kids coming through to academy levels .

sorry ross co are there lol ,but dundee utd couldnt afford to apply for it so that tells me it must cost quite a bit to apply to get in ,but im sure the benafits will far outweigh the application cost as years from now all the top kids in scotland will bound through from these academys and the teams that applied will reap the rewards id think .

The Queen of the South Thread

We'll be in the 'Advanced Youth' Level one below the 'Performance Level' Dundee, Queen's Park and Morton are at. No idea why the SFA have missed that level off their press release. As MT says, the criteria for Project Brave are way, way out of our reach. Far bigger clubs than us have conceded it's not realistic. We were on the bottom level of the Club Academy ladder too. It doesn't stop us actually producing the odd decent player. It's all a bit up in the air at the moment until we see how it's all going to work but I don't think anything will fundamentally change for us. As far as I know we'll be running the same three age level squads we currently do and our youth funding levels are guaranteed for the next few years.

From the P&B site

yea but we could team up with annan stranrear and possibly dalbeattie and have a dumfries and galloway academy ,as i see the fife teams have done just that id be thinking to share the cost . the longterm gain from this could be astronomical compared to how it is atm for football in a whole up and down the country ,too get scottish football moving forward its going to cost and it needs to happen ,i just hope we dont get left behind in years to come once we start seeing the benafits from project brave .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 17-11-2017 at 03:06 PM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)