+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Energy Ombudsman

Energy Ombudsman

I’ve been in a war of attrition with First Utility for the best part of two years, after being back billed for £800

The ombudsman has agreed that FU fell well short of what is expected from a supplier, had appalling customer service, should’ve made more of an attempt to contact me regarding meter readings & acknowledged that spending 16 1/2 hours on the phone to the c*nts is pretty poor, especially when they’ve got Coldplay as their hold music.

They’re saying that a written apology & £30 off the bill should cover the hassle but I tend to disagree, especially seeing as neither First Utility or the ombudsman will tell me what the final bill is. In order for me to find out, I first have to accept their resolution.

Has anyone ever told the ombudsman to GTF? I’m assuming it’ll end in court.

First Utility are worse than Huns & about as competent as Zander Diamond playing on the right side of a back three.
    Last edited by Mason89; 16-11-2017 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I’ve been in a war of attrition with First Utility for the best part of two years, after being back billed for £800

The ombudsman has agreed that FU fell well short of what is expected from a supplier, had appalling customer service, should’ve made more of an attempt to contact me regarding meter readings & acknowledged that spending 16 1/2 hours on the phone to the c*nts is pretty poor, especially when they’ve got Coldplay as their hold music.

They’re saying that a written apology & £30 off the bill should cover the hassle but I tend to disagree, especially seeing as neither First Utility or the ombudsman will tell me what the final bill is. In order for me to find out, I first have to accept their resolution.

Has anyone ever told the ombudsman to GTF? I’m assuming it’ll end in court.

First Utility are worse than Huns & about as competent as Zander Diamond playing on the right side of a back three.
    £30 is risible. I recently had a drawn out battle with Virgin Media over my daughter's bill - she was in her last year at Leeds Uni had signed up for 1 year, got a cold call from VM in April saying they were giving her an free upgrade on her broadband speed. When she came to cancel the contract in June she was told there would be a cancellation fee of £200. After numerous phone calls I got in contact with Which? who advised me to write to them, send it by registered post asking for proof that she'd signed a new contract. After I'd done this twice the advice was to contact CISAS who VM are signed up to saying we'd reached deadlock, that they had to provide evidence of all conversations, emails, letters to my daughter. I also asked for £100 compensation, full refund of all monies spend on calls, postage etc and a full apology. Five days before the deadline VM called and agreed to everything!
    If I can get £100 for 3 months aggravation then you are entitled to way more. Hopefully you've kept a note of all contacts you've had with FU and kept all receipts you've incurred.
    Keep fighting...don't let the *******s grind you down.

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    £30 is risible. I recently had a drawn out battle with Virgin Media over my daughter's bill - she was in her last year at Leeds Uni had signed up for 1 year, got a cold call from VM in April saying they were giving her an free upgrade on her broadband speed. When she came to cancel the contract in June she was told there would be a cancellation fee of £200. After numerous phone calls I got in contact with Which? who advised me to write to them, send it by registered post asking for proof that she'd signed a new contract. After I'd done this twice the advice was to contact CISAS who VM are signed up to saying we'd reached deadlock, that they had to provide evidence of all conversations, emails, letters to my daughter. I also asked for £100 compensation, full refund of all monies spend on calls, postage etc and a full apology. Five days before the deadline VM called and agreed to everything!
    If I can get £100 for 3 months aggravation then you are entitled to way more. Hopefully you've kept a note of all contacts you've had with FU and kept all receipts you've incurred.
    Keep fighting...don't let the *******s grind you down.

The least you should get is a ton back.

Had a 4 year fight with those ****s Scottish Power turned out they were right but Ebico had fcked up and I was being billed twice for the same supply. Ended up I had to fork out a wad but proved Ebico had been in the wrong so I was refunded all my costs and given a goodwill payment. Think it was 50 sovs. Scot Power had to pay me too as they constantly hassled me and did fck all in the process. The Ombudsmannie did help me but in the end most of it was down to my stubborn attitude not to give in,

Keep at the *******s threaten them with social media, your MP and the local hard nuts who play baseball with their big dugs and you will win.

It certainly is a war of attrition but didnae give in. Ask to speak to the head of the complaints dept and when they come the bag ask for the CEO contact details. I did that and its panic city as they dinnae want to get the sack.

If you accept the resolution that's that. Game oer and you can't fight it other than the court.

You have to ask them for the supply number your meter number and if like me you got piles of letters use that as proof. I photocopied the lot and sent it to Warrington. Looked like half a ****ing forest.

Dinnae gee in mind

Turns out they actually owe me £35. Quite a turnaround from bouncing £800 out my account every month

What a f*cking struggle that was. How they’re allowed to trade is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Turns out they actually owe me £35. Quite a turnaround from bouncing £800 out my account every month

What a f*cking struggle that was. How they’re allowed to trade is beyond me.
    So instead of getting charged £800, you'll get £35 and an apology? Accept it, draw a line under the whole thing and move on. And buy me a pint with some of that £35 yer getting back