+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joe Williams wins Sky Bet goal of the month

Joe Williams wins Sky Bet goal of the month

Barnsley midfielder Joe Williams is the Sky Bet Championship Goal of the Month winner for October, receiving 48 per cent of the public vote.

It was pure dynamism from Williams, firstly to anticipate a bouncing ball, next to chest it forwards into space and finally to time the sweetest of left-foot volleys to perfection.

Williams, on loan from Everton, said: "It's very pleasing for me and something I probably didn't expect when I came here. As soon as I hit the ball, someone came through me and clattered me and left me on the floor, so I didn't actually see the ball go in. As soon as I got in the changing room, I checked my phone and saw it and was proud of it."

Lead Sky Bet EFL Goal of the Month judge and Sky Sports pundit Don Goodman said: "The way in which Joe keeps control of a most difficult bouncing ball is impressive in itself but the strike and control on the volley whilst under pressure from a defender closing him down is quite frankly incredible. At just 20 years of age he's scored a better goal than most players will manage in their entire career!"

Williams beat off competition from Sheffield United's Paul Coutts and Bolton Wanderers' Sammy Ameobi.

Name:  DC8DBBAD-F22E-4274-B248-147CC6833E7B.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  21.9 KB

Gratz, Joe.

Aye it was a screamer. Well done Joe

Fully deserved keep them coming Joe