+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: Burton Albion v The Mighty Blades

Quote Originally Posted by wavy_blade View Post
    Perhaps your just posting that , because like me , you cant imagine anyone wanting to do the on purpose , alla Roy furkin Keane
    No I’m not mate, lousey tackle but it wasn’t his standing leg and so there’s no way the defender would have expected that IMO. On another day he’d have spun him around and left his mark on him, but deliberate leg break no, not in. Y opinion.

I’d still have the tw@t shot at dawn mind.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    I really want Lundstram to smash the role he will probably get the chance to take over. I have huge reservations,and before anyone posts the "In Wilder we trust" mantra,he got it wrong with Hussey. Maybe Lundstram will show the calmness,passing,ball retention,decision making and speed of thought and action needed to fill Coutts boots. I really want to eat humble pie,but won't be shocked if the JTW sees a cash splash to secure a quality Coutts type. The good thing is Lundstram will get his chance and he will get huge support from an amazingly tight knit group of players and fans. Step up mate.
    Amen to that Sean. We were told we’d got a real player on our hands when he signed so it’s time to get behind the kid and see if he can fill Coutts’s massive boots in the next 6 weeks. If not it’s up to the board to back Wilder 100%, let’s face it they’d be total ****s if they didn’t as things stand.

Some things never change. Bad news and Curtis goes into wimp mode.

https://twitter.com/johncurtis1889/s...50857858461704

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Some things never change. Bad news and Curtis goes into wimp mode.

https://twitter.com/johncurtis1889/s...50857858461704

LOL. I do love Curt though. He is right.
    Maybe Leonard or Ryan to come in? Wilder will want to freshen the squad up anyway. Get shot of Hanson.
    Thing is we don't have a "Coutts" type unless it's Lundstram. He has 6 weeks as you say Gray. If he cuts it fantastic. If not he's toast. But the real kicker is if he dosen't,so are we!

I think Lundstram's a good player,but we'll obviously miss COUTTSY,it's a major blow losin him for possibly the rest of the season.It was another good result for the lads,let's hope we can do the business in the next 2 home games. UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 18-11-2017 at 06:25 AM.

I'm with gray on this one the pic looks horrendous but the tackle is away from him it looks like a genuine attempt to block the shot on video,late I'll grant that but they make contact on his follow through if you're gonna do someone you don't aim for their follow through,I don't even think it's a red a yellow an a pen I'd say and just goes to show how misleading still pics can be

Hope coutts makes a full recovery from this as we saw when he was suspended we're not the same without him just have to hope lundstrom steps up to the mark he needs to quicken his game if we are to function as we do with couttsy but we have no choice other than to give him a go he'll get our support I'm sure

On the plus side last night that's the best pen I've seen Billy take although he's scored a few this last 18 months he's also missed a few and I was always nervous when he stepped up,yesterday's pen showed the confidence running through the side for me,top corner if keeper had gone the right way he wouldn't have got anywhere near it,it's hard not to think about owt other than poor couttsy right now but that struck me when I saw the highlights

Think a few on here have never had a broken leg at footie , i had two , 6 weeks is a no no despite physio etc think well be lucky to see him again before march tbh , big big loss for us , kingpin in the team for me.

Quote Originally Posted by pragueblade View Post
    Think a few on here have never had a broken leg at footie , i had two , 6 weeks is a no no despite physio etc think well be lucky to see him again before march tbh , big big loss for us , kingpin in the team for me.
    Yeah definitely if at all this season. He could be walking on it in 2-3 months but he’d still miles away from the bone and ligament being strong enough to take a hard tackle, and then of course his most difficult job will be to get his head right for the second time in his career. I hope and pray that it’s a clean break with no complications.

But it’s a team game and I trust in Wilder and his team to either get an existing player us to the mark or bring the right man in. You can bet your bottom dollar that he’s thought through the what-ifs and probably has somebody already targeted but let’s all give Lundstram a chance for now. There’s no point in trying to compare him with Coutts but as with Clarke, if he gets regular game time and not bit parts he could settle in and do the biz. UTB.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234