+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Bonkers" bid would tempt Ipswich over Kieffer

It’ll be ‘Well we offered what we thought was a strong bid but we didn’t quite manage to pull it off but nobody can’t say we didn’t try’

In other words we offered £250,000 and not a penny more. Cheap as chips as always.

Imagine if Stewart was to be brave and bold and spend a million on him, cos that will be about the going rate for him, he’d go down in bloody history at RUFC.

for the people who have posted in the thread. how much should we bid? what do you think is a fair offer?..

personally i would open bid at 600k working upto 1 million with less addons

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    for the people who have posted in the thread. how much should we bid? what do you think is a fair offer?..

That’s a very good question and I reckon your estimate wouldn’t be miles away from what he’s eventually sold for.

Some other club will sign him and it will be for an “undisclosed fee”

Personally if we don’t land him then we need to see an end to this bollix about having one of the highest budgets in the league. The bullshine and actions don’t add up.

For once we’ve landed on a “must have” player and it’s not a time for cold feet by TS and his advisers. If he’s as ambitious as he says he is then he has to get Moore or risk the main fan base mistrusting anything he says in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post

I’d start at 700k to try and temp Ipswich first and work up to 1mil.

If it gets to summer and he wins golden boot it will double that price

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    That’s a very good question and I reckon your estimate wouldn’t be miles away from what he’s eventually sold for.

Personally if we don’t land him then we need to see an end to this bollix about having one of the highest budgets in the league. The bullshine and actions don’t add up.

For once we’ve landed on a “must have” player and it’s not a time for cold feet by TS and his advisers. If he’s as ambitious as he says he is then he has to get Moore or risk the main fan base mistrusting anything he says in the future.
    Grist mate we have to have loads of BS from TS for grounds keeper to use at end of season lol

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

In Future?????

No way can we compete for a player who will go to the highest bidder that's if Ipswich decide to sell,but why would they without seeing what he could do for them.Get real and look for a replacement.

Still have a feeling KM will end up at Burton.
    They've lost tonight at home to the Blades.

If Micky Mac is still manager at Ipswich in January sending him to Burton on loan would give him a chance to see if KM is any good in the Championship.

£850k tops then add-ons.
    Will more than likely come down to salary as per usual.
    Last edited by Casper64Frank; 17-11-2017 at 10:41 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12