+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Children in need.

Children in need.

Should such things be happening in one of the worlds richest countries?

GSTQ

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Should such things be happening in one of the worlds richest countries?

GSTQ

100% yes as there are so many children who are abused, don't have parents, don't know which way to turn etc. Did you see the SOS Design the other night where they built a centre for kids who are suffering!

I have always donated for this and always will - along with Acorns! Kids should also be taught to help others who are less fortunate!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    100% yes as there are so many children who are abused, don't have parents, don't know which way to turn etc. Did you see the SOS Design the other night where they built a centre for kids who are suffering!

I have always donated for this and always will - along with Acorns! Kids should also be taught to help others who are less fortunate!
    Lets use all our money the BBC use to televise and set it up instead and give that to charity. Then not bother with it.

This is the thing, tonight we will see super rich stars up their own arses, giving up their time to ask you to give up your money. One year Wogan gave a fiver.
    Things like this, homeless people and air ambulances rely on charity.

Tomorrow most of you will go to see 20 odd multi millionaires kick a ball about for 90 mins.

I have no problem with people doing well for themselves, it's the patronising i can't stand.
    Last edited by WBA1955; 17-11-2017 at 03:10 PM.

Children in need seems to promote the distress of kids in Africa these days. Never sure if it ever really helps. it’s just that nearly 35yrs and billions of pounds in worldwide aid nothing has ever changed. Millions of kids are still starving. The countries of Africa are still led by corrupt dictators who generally steal the huge sums raised for themselves while the fatuous rich and famous still use this charity as a vehicle to signal how virtuous and caring they are, when we all know that they are in fact arseholes at heart.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Children in need seems to promote the distress of kids in Africa these days. Never sure if it ever really helps. it’s just that nearly 35yrs and billions of pounds in worldwide aid nothing has ever changed. Millions of kids are still starving. The countries of Africa are still led by corrupt dictators who generally steal the huge sums raised for themselves while the fatuous rich and famous still use this charity as a vehicle to signal how virtuous and caring they are, when we all know that they are in fact arseholes at heart.
    Totally agree - jug ears Lineker is one hypocrite! All these stars play the racist card but then again, their mansions could accommodate quite a number of Syrians or others.

This is the thing, tonight we will see super rich stars up their own arses, giving up their time to ask you to give up your money. One year Wogan gave a fiver.
    Things like this, homeless people and air ambulances rely on charity.

Tomorrow most of you will go to see 20 odd multi millionaires kick a ball about for 90 mins.

I have no problem with people doing well for themselves, it's the patronising i can't stand.
    Not too sure how much substance this holds but I heard that Terry Wogan actually got paid thousands to host the programme?

Whether the irritating **** donated the fee is another matter.

I never liked the bloke Terry Wogan, as false as they come. Almost as bad as Eammon Andrews and Hughie Green.

Might sound a bit rough but I expected a "Saville" job after Wogan died.

I never liked the bloke Terry Wogan, as false as they come. Almost as bad as Eammon Andrews and Hughie Green.
    The mention of Eammon Andrews brought back a memory and a big smile...when he was commentating on a boxing match he was heard to say in his Irish accent "and he's hit him with his own left hand"...who's hand was he going to use?....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)