+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: That's all, folks...

Don’t get it if I’m honest but each to there own.

Everyone has a right to there own opinion.
    But like I said don’t get it.

I understand what LM is saying and I get why he would feel that way I too was close to packing in my season ticket after last season, unfortunately I’m addicted to the New York stadium.

Like I said before it wouldn’t shock me if TS and PW is using this year to fix the team and find out what our current level is before investing, reasons for this 1 why loan Moore and not buy a replacement instead 2 why didn’t we spend Danny ward money in summer if we was really trying to be promoted this year? Only answer I can think of is it wasn’t time to spend.

The question that puzzles me LM is if mr Stewart’s plan is to have youths coming into the team that we are training up, why don’t we have a single young player playing in our first team yet?

Still it’s not so bad going to watch Rotherham at least we win now and then

No comparison with last year's nightmare but I reckon we are probably doing as well at the moment as last time in div 1, I would never stop watching my team whatever happened,good times bad times its just football all teams go through it.

On a few of the specific points made....
    In my opinion.......
    Danny Ward was a Striker worthy of the shirt.
    Jamie Proctor looks a great signing but yes he's injured. That isn't TS's fault.
    Darren Potter is an influential player.

No point going if someone feels like that though. Fair enough. Perhaps taking being a Miller a bit too seriously
    Last edited by flourbasher; 17-11-2017 at 08:27 PM.

Yep its in the blood for me I'm afraid. I didnt expect much this year and if we stop the rot from last year and stay up i will be happy short term at least.In reality we are a third tier club occasionally flirting with the second nowts changed really to expect any more is unrealistic, if you have higher expectations you are probably not supporting the right club. So I and suspect a few thousand more will continue supporting the millers till we go to that great NYS in the sky and i suspect our kids and grandkids will do the same.

UTM

Good luck mate,the writing was on the wall for all those that wanted to see.Steve Evans ruined Rotherham with his quick fix football yes it works but does not last.If you look at all the sides he's been at not one have gone on to better things but gone backwards.Our chairman does not realise what football costs his idea of redfearn building the academy was a great idea given time but but Tony wanted it now.I only live a Rawmarsh so I guess I will still trudge along to NYS but I have got to say if I had to travel I think I would be same as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post

I was going to say maybe if I lived away I'd probably understand where Leeds is coming from but, I travel to most games and still enjoy (mostly) it so no I don't understand either.

don't be daft Pete, negative or not it's still your opinions and maybe we could argue with you keep posting on here instead of taking it out the ....

Two weeks on Prozac and Leeds will be back for more.

He is correct about the little club acceptance mentality that runs through the present set up and it's supporters.

Leeds could have stuck with his outside toilet and wallowed in his working classness but he didn't.....RUFC take note!

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post

I'm not sure why you don't get it Pocket, I don't think Leeds could have explained his reasons much more clearly.
    I've supported the Millers for over 60 years and have had a season ticket for more of those years than I care to remember covering Millmoor, Don Valley and NYS.
    However, just recently I feel it's just force of habit that takes me to the home games and I certainly don't have the sense of anticipation that I used to have walking down to NYS.
    I live at North Anston so it's a relatively short journey for me but I'm not sure how motivated I'd be if I had to travel from Leeds and back.
    Once a Miller always a Miller and all that but I certainly "get it" as far as Leedsmiller is concerned.

Some really strange comments on this thread.
    Last season I'd agree was not enjoyable an a chore but this season is different.
    Many games at the NYS have been very entertaining and in quite a few we've scored a lot of goals.
    Prior to the Gills game we'd won 5 on the bounce at home.
    I'm not quite sure what better results and entertainment there could have been at the NYS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast