+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: That's all, folks...

Like I said just don’t but then we’re all different aren’t we?
    And I’m glad I am really am.
    Last edited by Pocket rocket; 18-11-2017 at 12:30 PM.

Blimey, ol' Zippy will be next.

I went to see Harrogate Town yesterday, 3-1 winners against Boston United. Some excellent goals, good football... No, I'm not going to say it was better than watching the Millers (there again...) and I was still tuned in to happenings at NYS but it gave me time for further reflection...

Disillusionment and frustration with RUFC, isn't a sudden onset, it's been building for 18 months or so. Obviously, I've seen much worse and more depressing times and I appreciate we're all in the same boat, and least we were until I jumped ship, but that was then, this is now.

Before we were half way through last season it was clear there'd be no more investment in the team. There was no desire to build on earlier successful seasons and I felt the powers that be were taking the proverbial. Underlining the fact the stadium is the prized asset, followed by future project development, the team being incidental. Once this realisation hit home and performances inevitably declined, or perhaps plummeted is a better word, discontent grew. This season, I could instantly dismiss talk of top-end budgets and re-investing transfer monies as a continuation of the unfulfilled rhetoric we heard last year. Against this background, other factors assumed greater prominence. Travel, which had never been an issue, became something to take into account. Health, which I'd accepted as a consequence of aging, became an important consideration. And once I'd reached that stage football was falling down the priority table faster than you could say Rotherham United.

Despite the early season's promises, I'm not convinced we've reached the bottom of this latest downturn on the roller-coaster that exemplifies life as a Miller. There are too many issues to contend with, too little commitment to on-field advancement and we've fallen too far behind where we should be in so many aspects. Football, I'm sorry to say, has been neglected. Like Pete, I'm hoping, but not expecting, that miracles happen in January - rather than December.

This could be a short-lived aberration, I appreciate, and once I've been through detoxification (metaphorically speaking!) I could well be back where I've been for the last 60 years. So, never say never. (Though from what I've heard and read about yesterday's game my earlier comments are hold true). But, whatever the future holds, there's no escaping the fact that the Millers have been a mainstay of my life for almost as long as I can remember - and I have some great memories!

Quote Originally Posted by leedsmiller View Post
    I went to see Harrogate Town yesterday, 3-1 winners against Boston United. Some excellent goals, good football... No, I'm not going to say it was better than watching the Millers (there again...) and I was still tuned in to happenings at NYS but it gave me time for further reflection...

Disillusionment and frustration with RUFC, isn't a sudden onset, it's been building for 18 months or so. Obviously, I've seen much worse and more depressing times and I appreciate we're all in the same boat, and least we were until I jumped ship, but that was then, this is now.

Before we were half way through last season it was clear there'd be no more investment in the team. There was no desire to build on earlier successful seasons and I felt the powers that be were taking the proverbial. Underlining the fact the stadium is the prized asset, followed by future project development, the team being incidental. Once this realisation hit home and performances inevitably declined, or perhaps plummeted is a better word, discontent grew. This season, I could instantly dismiss talk of top-end budgets and re-investing transfer monies as a continuation of the unfulfilled rhetoric we heard last year. Against this background, other factors assumed greater prominence. Travel, which had never been an issue, became something to take into account. Health, which I'd accepted as a consequence of aging, became an important consideration. And once I'd reached that stage football was falling down the priority table faster than you could say Rotherham United.

Despite the early season's promises, I'm not convinced we've reached the bottom of this latest downturn on the roller-coaster that exemplifies life as a Miller. There are too many issues to contend with, too little commitment to on-field advancement and we've fallen too far behind where we should be in so many aspects. Football, I'm sorry to say, has been neglected. Like Pete, I'm hoping, but not expecting, that miracles happen in January - rather than December.

This could be a short-lived aberration, I appreciate, and once I've been through detoxification (metaphorically speaking!) I could well be back where I've been for the last 60 years. So, never say never. (Though from what I've heard and read about yesterday's game my earlier comments are hold true). But, whatever the future holds, there's no escaping the fact that the Millers have been a mainstay of my life for almost as long as I can remember - and I have some great memories!
    I blame the demise of the PL on your loss of enthusiasm

I think Saturday's performance was a good way of testing the durability of the millers support Leedsmiller. I could have quite happily chucked the towel (no pun intended) in myself at 5pm. Bloody shocking to say the least.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123