+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Huns away ticket allocation

120 points, on sale from 09:30 Wednesday.

About 330 tickets left currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Not sure that killing off supporters clubs & rewarding those supporters for having the most cash, is getting their act together.

It does look like the plebs are missing out on this one again, so the club can be happy
    A rather unique way of looking at it.
    Surely rewarding those who support the club most (by attendance) is the best way.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    A rather unique way of looking at it.
    Surely rewarding those who support the club most (by attendance) is the best way.
    They weren’t missing out, they were going every week. They didn’t need rewarded

They weren’t missing out, they were going every week. They didn’t need rewarded
    Were they?
    Or was the allocation distributed throughout the supporters club to take up the allocation?

Its like saying, sorry Mr(s) X, were going to exclude you from this game despite your attendance every home and away game because we want to give the allocation to a group outside the club to determine who can take up the allocation

Giving money to sevco should be a criminal offence

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Giving money to sevco should be a criminal offence
    Maybe, but watching us beat them there is worth it

Were they?
    Yes. It’s what separates them from people who go most weeks, people who go some weeks & people who go the odd week.

Under the old system, no top red was missing out & the rest had a chance at it. This system creates a two tier support. The toppest reds seem to be smugly enjoying their new status, without giving a thought to what it means to the support as a whole

I think Mason has a relevant point. Say someone is a member of a supporters club but can't go to every game and perhaps can only go on a handful of occasions. Surely that person is going to want to pick a sevco game rather than a hamilton away game but is then denied an opportunity to purchase a ticket due to the points system in place. I understand the points system but it does have it's pros and cons. For example i don't have enough points until tomorrow (my own fault), but say there are none left so I miss out. I therefore haven't moved up the points ladder but the toppest of reds who had enough points for phase 1 buys a ticket and further increases his points tally. This is always going to happen as people who have enough points will buy for those who don't if they can't go themselves. I highlighted this in a thread last season. Think there needs to be a percentage of tickets perhaps 10% of say a small allocation like this one that has to be perhaps set aside for supporters clubs (reading between the lines this is no longer the case?) so that supporters clubs can then give every member an opportunity to apply for one whether they are successful or not. It's a tricky situation and a system which will never appease everyone although as kkong pointed out could certainly have been utilised much more effectively.

Were they?
    Or was the allocation distributed throughout the supporters club to take up the allocation?

Its like saying, sorry Mr(s) X, were going to exclude you from this game despite your attendance every home and away game because we want to give the allocation to a group outside the club to determine who can take up the allocation
    Yes. It’s what separates them from people who go most weeks, people who go some weeks & people who go the odd week.

Under the old system, no top red was missing out & the rest had a chance at it. This system creates a two tier support. The toppest reds seem to be smugly enjoying their new status, without giving a thought to what it means to the support as a whole
    Actually these new entitled top reds weren't going at all.

I went to Ibrox under McGhee and Brown with only 500-600 there. Pissheads and a lot of young folk there for the hatred. Under Calderwood we'd sell it out but me, as a non season ticket holder, just phoned up any supporters bus and got a seat and a ticket no problem.

I went to the first game back there, with none of my mates because they didn't have the loyalty points. It was largely a certain demographic standing hands in pockets. The atmosphere was dreadful. People didn't know why they were there. Really, they were there only because they have this new status and decided to get tickets before anyone else. I'm certain at least 2/3 of the support had never been in that away end before.

The last game at Ibrox in 2012 there were 150 ASC there. The club have got the customers they want now and Rangers away isn't what it was so no point worrying about missing it.

The smug 'top reds' complaining on social media when they don't get reserved tickets, or defending this system, are newcomers.

I haven't missed a game at Ibrox since the late seventies. And in the early eighties when there was only a couple of hundred folk going it wasn't much fun sitting in a corner of the Broomloan Road stand up against all sorts. (Same going to Parkhead). Believe me there were plenty of older ASC there at the first game last season who had nowhere near enough loyalty points. That's simply due to folk who had no intention of going but had enough points, buying tickets and passing them on. That wont change and is exactly how i got mine last season.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast