+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Ashes

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think the first session tonight will be crucial, especially starting 30 minutes early. A few quick wickets would put the Aussies in control, but if we can get to lunch with only 5 down it would give us a sound platform for a challenging total. The positive I take from day one is that although the two big names (Cook and Root) both failed, the supposed lesser lights stepped up to the mark.
    Very well put Elite I agree with all of that need 350 imo

Very tight after Day 2. The Smith-Marsh partnership looks dangerous, early breakthrough needed tomorrow

I am a tad disappointed that we ended up at 300 when we were 250/4. Our tail was blown away but thankfully once Ali and Malan had put a few on.
    We need a really big first session tonight to wrest back control as I would say the Australians are ahead. They have 2 batsman who oozed confidence and the worlds number 1 batter is still there. So though some might argue with my thoughts, with things like the scores are similar for the wickets lost, we had no one of Smiths calibre at the crease. He is the wicket we need desperately or we could find that they get 450!

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I am a tad disappointed that we ended up at 300 when we were 250/4. Our tail was blown away but thankfully once Ali and Malan had put a few on.
    We need a really big first session tonight to wrest back control as I would say the Australians are ahead. They have 2 batsman who oozed confidence and the worlds number 1 batter is still there. So though some might argue with my thoughts, with things like the scores are similar for the wickets lost, we had no one of Smiths calibre at the crease. He is the wicket we need desperately or we could find that they get 450!
    I agree with this we should really have got 350 after being 246-4.

If the Aussies get 70-80 runs in front I think we'll get blown away....if offered now i'd take a one innings shoot out so in other words bowl the Aussies out for no more than 315-320.

Decent first session from England. 3 wickets for 48 runs in the session. England ahead now, however,2 things : Smith still in and Anderson might be injured
    Last edited by Notts78; 25-11-2017 at 02:13 AM.

The bowling attack didn't look threatening at all trying to polish off their tail. Not a good sign for the rest of the series, cos we'll need some to get 5 fors and 6 fors to stand a chance of winning. I can't see Ball or Woakes helping out too much.

And now a batting collapse. Root in early under big pressure, England's only chance I'd say

Not looking good , hopefully Root can do a Smith .

Gotta dig in tomorrow . When things were getting a bit feisty the other day I heard Boycott describe cricket as a " mans game " . No problem here with that but I am surprised weaponised Wendy wasn't all over that comment.

I don’t think England bowled badly. They got the Oz team all out in 130 overs. Ordinarily speaking that would have been 450-500 runs, so in that respect you can’t be too critical of our bowling.
    Cooks dismissal was disappointing but Vince got a good un. Got to be happy to only be 2 down to a rampant bowling attack. More of the same from our batting tonight please.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast