+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Ashes

OT Ashes

Only found out the other day Sky weren't broadcasting the Ashes . Love my cricket so had to go and get BT sports but was really miffed when I found out their commentary team , Vaughan and Boycott ! boring . Well at least they have Swanny. Another plus is I can watch Notts v Oxford in the cup , when they moved the kick off to 12.30 was never going to make it , my lad plays Saturday mornings so I can record then catch up.
    3-1 to England by the way , any other predictions ?
    Last edited by navypie; 17-11-2017 at 05:08 PM.

I think we will lose. Our batting line up is not up to the task and I actually think we will struggle to take 20 wickets a game. The loss of Stokes can not be under estimated.
    The warm ups have been glorified nets on slow tracks.
    Will go 4-0 with us scraping a draw, probably in the first test at Brisbane.
    I hope I am massively wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I think we will lose. Our batting line up is not up to the task and I actually think we will struggle to take 20 wickets a game. The loss of Stokes can not be under estimated.
    The warm ups have been glorified nets on slow tracks.
    Will go 4-0 with us scraping a draw, probably in the first test at Brisbane.
    I hope I am massively wrong.
    I also hope your wrong 78

Cricket's my first sport me ode Salt .... so I'll post my comments.

ALL cricketers at test level are good players and everyone of them is capable of a match winning contribution. However to win any game of cricket the basic aim is to bowl out the opposition for less runs than you have totalled. Personally I have reservations concerning our new batsmen to perform as they need to do in order to either set, or chase, a large total, which brings me back to the bowlers.

Anderson is still world class .. so fine especially if the ball swings, but my main concern is Broady (and I so hope I'm wrong) but as I posted on an earlier thread, Stuart must work on his accuracy to make the batsmen play more rather than allowing them to watch the ball fly past wide of the off stump. If fit I predict Jake to come of age and Woakesy to have a good series. Providing Stuart comes up to the plate ...... then I am relatively happy but if he doesn't perform, then I'm worried.

Making predictions is difficult but if our bowlers perform, then I would expect a good series ...... however I would expect the Aussies to be overall a little stronger and consequently win the series by two games at least.
    Last edited by seriouspie; 17-11-2017 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Cricket's my first sport me ode Salt .... so I'll post my comments.

ALL cricketers at test level are good players and everyone of them is capable of a match winning contribution. However to win any game of cricket the basic aim is to bowl out the opposition for less runs than you have totalled. Personally I have reservations concerning our new batsmen to perform as they need to do in order to either set, or chase, a large total, which brings me back to the bowlers.

Anderson is still world class .. so fine especially if the ball swings, but my main concern is Broady (and I so hope I'm wrong) but as I posted on an earlier thread, Stuart must work on his accuracy to make the batsmen play more rather than allowing them to watch the ball fly past wide of the off stump. If fit I predict Jake to come of age and Woakesy to have a good series. Providing Stuart comes up to the plate ...... then I am relatively happy but if he doesn't perform, then I'm worried.

Making predictions is difficult but if our bowlers perform, then I would expect a good series ...... however I would expect the Aussies to be overall a little stronger and consequently win the series by two games at least.
    I'm going to the Gabba and the new Perth stadium as well. Look out for a Notts top. It's peeing it down here in QLD and projected to for a lot of next week clearing on Thursday and Friday so whoever wins the toss will be crucial. I reckon Anderson will do well at the G as it will potentially be moist and swinging like a baddun'. With the Aussie squad potentially being even worse than England's I am going for us to win our first match at the G in god knows how long and a 2-1 series win. Australia are rubbish England are not great but fortune favors the brave in this one and the local media is already barracking the Aussie team.

Two pretty moderate squads by normal Ashes standards, but I still think the Aussies will take the series 3-1. Our batting is just too brittle, and I don't think we have the mental resolve to win the mind games.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Two pretty moderate squads by normal Ashes standards, but I still think the Aussies will take the series 3-1. Our batting is just too brittle, and I don't think we have the mental resolve to win the mind games.
    On this occasion Elite I agree with you ...... we have to bowl them out for lowish totals.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    On this occasion Elite I agree with you ...... we have to bowl them out for lowish totals.
    That's what I am banking on at the G. Won't be the usual rock hard track it's still raining....plus Australia have a wicket keeper who would struggle to play for Zimbabwe.

As a Yorkie and a cricket fan as well, I liked the look of this thread.
    I can see why non-Yorkie fans cant stand Geoff Boycott, he gets on our nerves as well at times but I do like Michael Vaughan.
    Can we carry on this good year off successful English sport with an Ashes Test series win in the Ozzies back gardens ?.
    (and speaking of that, can our Rugby league lads get to and win the World cup final which will surely also be against the host nation Australia)

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    As a Yorkie and a cricket fan as well, I liked the look of this thread.
    I can see why non-Yorkie fans cant stand Geoff Boycott, he gets on our nerves as well at times but I do like Michael Vaughan.
    Can we carry on this good year off successful English sport with an Ashes Test series win in the Ozzies back gardens ?.
    (and speaking of that, can our Rugby league lads get to and win the World cup final which will surely also be against the host nation Australia)
    Nowt wrong with our Geoffry regarding playing cricket. O.K. - very blunt and rude at times but must admire his record. What was it he came from? A terraced house in Fitzwilliam to become one of Englands finest openers - well done.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast