+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Ashes

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    As a Yorkie and a cricket fan as well, I liked the look of this thread.
    I can see why non-Yorkie fans cant stand Geoff Boycott, he gets on our nerves as well at times but I do like Michael Vaughan.
    Can we carry on this good year off successful English sport with an Ashes Test series win in the Ozzies back gardens ?.
    (and speaking of that, can our Rugby league lads get to and win the World cup final which will surely also be against the host nation Australia)
    No chance with the rugby. Every chance with the cricket.

Honours even after Day 1 at the Gabba, although I imagine the England camp will be the happier to have not been blown away and to have made the bowlers work.

Pleased to see they were only 2 down at 6.20 when I came downstairs only to very soon witness the Vince run-out.

If England can hang around for a while on day 2 they will put themselves in the driving seat, there is still some batting to come.

Yeah, I would say England are marginally ahead in the game. If we can bat 2 sessions tomorrow and add the best part of 150-200, then we put pressure on there batting. We can’t afford to be blasted out for 250-260

Pretty even me thinks . Watched most of it which meant I had to listen to Boycott , according to him a bowler should take a wicket with every ball and a batsman should never be out ! Oh for Nasser and Bumble . Cant we find a way to get him off air , I know he a paddy about the West Indians recently but surely he must have accidently brushed a famous actresses arse or called a young waitress love 30 odd years ago or whenever.
    Last edited by navypie; 23-11-2017 at 11:30 AM.

A lot has been said by the commentators about the weakness of the tail.

They seem to forget that Broad is the 3rd highest test scorer with 169 in this team. I know he has lost a bit since being hit but he is still capable. Jake Ball can handle a bat as well.

Press the mute button

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Press the mute button
    Half of the joy of watching cricket is listening to the commentary , Sky realise that , this lot apart from Swanny are s***e but Boycott is by far the worse of a bad bunch. The mute button is not an option, unfortunately !!

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Half of the joy of watching cricket is listening to the commentary , Sky realise that , this lot apart from Swanny are s***e but Boycott is by far the worse of a bad bunch. The mute button is not an option, unfortunately !!
    Watch it on TV, listen to the Test Match Special commentary on Radio Five Live. Sorted!
    Last edited by 60YearsAPie; 23-11-2017 at 01:54 PM.

I think the first session tonight will be crucial, especially starting 30 minutes early. A few quick wickets would put the Aussies in control, but if we can get to lunch with only 5 down it would give us a sound platform for a challenging total. The positive I take from day one is that although the two big names (Cook and Root) both failed, the supposed lesser lights stepped up to the mark.

Growing up, cricket pretty much used to be my favourite sport. Looked at the England team and I have literally never heard of half of em, never mind recognise them.

Dunno if it’s Sky or just getting old.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast