+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sean's Next Move

Sean's Next Move

Well, perhaps this is a bit premature, but it doesn't look like Sean will not be going to Everton.

We all know that he will move on at some point...but where to?

I would say that Everton is the 7th biggest job in England (Man Utd, Man City, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool).

And I don't think he will get a job at one of the top six for a while yet.

The way we are shaping I reckon that Burnley is as good a job as any other in the Prem right now - so he could be here longer than we think. He has job security, able to be very hands on and he is getting a decent wage. I am sure that he sees Burnley as a project - and it isn't finished yet.

Wishful thinking maybe, but which job (taking out the seven clubs above) would appeal to him?

Possibly Newcastle, but I reckon he would prefer Burnley.

"Well, perhaps this is a bit premature, but it doesn't look like Sean will not be going to Everton.........."

So you think that he will be going to Everton at some stage?

He has been to Everton already this season-

Its a double negative!!!!!

On the strength of trying to read this non thread from 78/61 I have just put a fiver on us to finish top six. Its good odds particularly if you're get out clause is suing said poster if bet fails.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Well, perhaps this is a bit premature, but it doesn't look like Sean will not be going to Everton.

We all know that he will move on at some point...but where to?

I would say that Everton is the 7th biggest job in England (Man Utd, Man City, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool).

And I don't think he will get a job at one of the top six for a while yet.

The way we are shaping I reckon that Burnley is as good a job as any other in the Prem right now - so he could be here longer than we think. He has job security, able to be very hands on and he is getting a decent wage. I am sure that he sees Burnley as a project - and it isn't finished yet.

Wishful thinking maybe, but which job (taking out the seven clubs above) would appeal to him?

Possibly Newcastle, but I reckon he would prefer Burnley.
    England not in the top seven ?

Quote Originally Posted by Turfmoorspirit View Post
    England not in the top seven ?
    Poison chalice that one Spirit

Alright, alright.

What I meant to say was that I don't think Sean will not go to not Everton.

I don't hope that isn't clear.

Cutting through the gobbledygook 59/60 you make a good point. He won't be going to Everton, there is no possibility of the top 6 taking him on, so if he moves from Burnley, where does he go ? There aren't that many options that aren't simply a sideways move, and the longer we stay in this division, the wealthier we become, meaning there are fewer and fewer clubs that could tempt him away.

Looks to me like we are the best option he's got, he could be here for a while yet.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)