+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: All things Motherwell Home - 18th November .......

As others have said not one pass mark today. Especially disappointed in our more seasoned campaigners such as McLean, Arnason, Logan and Rooney who were anonymous but our exciting attacking players are so pathetically poor that I am struggling to see where our next goal is coming from. May big let down, Mackay Stephen invisible and while Christie has undoubted ability he really does flatter to deceive. The odd wonder goal is not really what we need right now.

Amazingly still second top but due to others being as bad as us which has little feel good factor to go with it.

Thought that was a very poor performance.

In the first half we seemed to have Considine as a centre back and McKenna as the left back. That was certainly the wrong way around and we seemed to revert to Considine as left back in the second half.

For a team with a lot of goals in it we don't score many. I think the reasons are simple and correctable.

Today we played one wide player with Christie sort of filling in as the other. When Christie plays through the middle behind the striker(s) he scores goals, but when he plays wide he doesn't mostly. We need two wide players and Christie in the middle.

When May plays he is mostly wide and from there he has very few shooting opportunities. I would also like to see May on the end of crosses and corners not taking them.

We are playing far too many long balls out of defence when one of our great strengths is running with the ball. We need to play to our strengths not the oppositions. We need to play a system where we run at the opposition not run a little and then get rid of the ball to anyone rather than take some responsibility and try to get into the box.

I felt today our midfield gave them too much space, we were basically outworked in midfield. They were getting to second balls because they were trying to to a much greater degree than we were, and in the end that prevented us from playing to a great extent.

We can do much better both in effort and tactically, and if we have any ambitions we really need to do so.

McInnes can f'uck off for nothing provided he takes McLean with him.

GMS looks like a lad who's been playing well in his primary 7 team so gets a game with the bigger boys.

DM refusing to do a post match interview apparently.

Considine plays, we lose.

Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    McInnes can f'uck off for nothing provided he takes McLean with him.

GMS looks like a lad who's been playing well in his primary 7 team so gets a game with the bigger boys.
    That was rather good and I agree

Motherwell are a well organised team, no more.
    They only had to show up today to be guaranteed 3 points.
    Absolute ****in pish, need to get O'Connor tae **** oot o there. He offers nothing.
    Started with a back 4, then after Motherwell dominated the first 10-15 mins went to a back 3. Looked fairly comfortable until they scored.
    Problem is we created nothing, that's the ****ing problem.
    Start off by getting McGinn back.

I haven't seen a performance like today since the Alex Miller days and I include the 1-5 gubbing by St Johnstone.

I stuck up for McInnes in regards to he didn't have to distance himself from the Hun job but it's obviously affecting his players so he needs to decide one way or another so we can move on.

That was p1ss poor stuff, just shows how much we rely on Shinnie. Tansey and Arnason were particularly abysmal.

I wish to fvck we'd signed Moult in the summer, he was superb today. That twice this season Robinson has out-thought DM.

We should've had a foul on Christie in the build up to their 1st goal but that baldy hunw*nk played an advantage to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post
    That was p1ss poor stuff, just shows how much we rely on Shinnie. Tansey and Arnason were particularly abysmal.

I wish to fvck we'd signed Moult in the summer, he was superb today. That twice this season Robinson has out-thought DM.

We should've had a foul on Christie in the build up to their 1st goal but that baldy hunw*nk played an advantage to us.
    You are being harsh on Tansey and Arnason,every player today was pysh they couldn't string two passes together so it's pointless trying to single any player out.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast