+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: All things Motherwell Home - 18th November .......

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    He has shown the odd flash of what he can be capable of achieving but in the vast majority of play is not worth a starting slot in the team.
    We should be using Scott Wright who if coached better would certainly give us more out wide. I really think McInnes is holding this lad and doesn’t know how to get the best out of him.
    Frank Ross is another who is suffering due to our managers lack of coaching ability.
    Ross and Harvie are two players that should be getting game time, instead of Consi****ingdine, Tansey, GMS etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    Does my head in this. We don't have our own style of play as we are too busy trying to second guess & match up to the opposition. By all means do your homework but we're playing Motherwell at Pittodrie nae Barca, just concentrate on your own ruddy game.
    Consider the "Like" button pressed. Spot on!

Yesterday was the mother and father of total shambles.

Fair enough, Motherwell started well and had a few chances early on. That's not unusual for us - witness nearly every home game in the last few seasons where we start slowly and then take over and win. However, what happened yesterday was unforgivable. From minute 10ish onwards a procession of players were called to the touchline and given an instruction. From the looks on their faces as they trotted away, you could tell they hadn't a clue about what they were being asked to do. The game plan was out the window.

By phannying about, changing the formation after 10 minutes to counter the other team we end up creating absolutely nothing because a negative mindset takes over. We tend to get our best results playing 4-2-3-1 every game. I agree with the comment about McInnes tending to get the tombola out, especially after international breaks. Normally, he realises he's f@cked up and we go on a run. Hopefully, this is repeated after this mess.

One point that hasn't been mentioned yet .... in amongst the wreckage of that performance it's worth observing that we were still able to fashion 13 or 14 attacking set-piece situations - 8 corners and 5 or 6 free-kicks. I think I read somewhere that we were up there - 1st or 2nd for number of goals scored from set-pieces. Yesterday, the delivery was, not for the first time this season, absolutely woeful. Christie, Tansey, May; neither of them were able to deliver to an Aberdeen player on any occasion. Even though we were a complete mess yesterday, we could, and should, have made more of those set-pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    Does my head in this. We don't have our own style of play as we are too busy trying to second guess & match up to the opposition. By all means do your homework but we're playing Motherwell at Pittodrie nae Barca, just concentrate on your own ruddy game.
    This with bells on. Couldn't believe my eyes when changed the whole formation after only 10 mins.
    If that performance was meant to be the players send off to their manager then he obviously isnt going anywhere.

"They (Motherwell) played a system that we didn't expect them to play, that threw us a little bit at the start of the game..."

Outsmarted again and again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    "They (Motherwell) played a system that we didn't expect them to play, that threw us a little bit at the start of the game..."

Exact same excuse for the Celtic game. Is he not preparing right, not as clever as he thinks he is or just tactically shyte?

I’m coming round to the depressing realisation that he’ll see out his contract here

Seen that. How many times ???

Glad to have missed the game yesterday as was on holiday. Don't think I'll bother watching the highlights on Red TV.

I really don't know when last we've had such an over-hyped manager, mostly by Wegia.

Milne seems to absorb it & dish out unnecessary extensions IMO

& maybe McInnes himself has let it influence him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    I really don't know when last we've had such an over-hyped manager, mostly by Wegia.

Milne seems to absorb it & dish out unnecessary extensions IMO

& maybe McInnes himself has let it influence him.
    I think the majority of fans hype him up, particularly on here.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Seen that. How many times ???

Glad to have missed the game yesterday as was on holiday. Don't think I'll bother watching the highlights on Red TV.
    Quote but exchange "on holiday" for offshore

I think the majority of fans hype him up, particularly on here.
    There are more people on here that go down the "folk have short memories,McGhee, Patterson et al" route rather than that McInnes is very naïve tactically and has been found out a lot in his tenure. Yes we know hes a step up on McGhee, but we are where we are and we surely want to get better. We have a good squad on paper but it is not being used to its strengths. We are second when we have been poor on the whole. Play our team to our strengths with no tombolas or brain farts and we could have won more cups and pushed Celtic harder. But in big games he has a poor record due to appalling tactics especially against the pigs
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 19-11-2017 at 03:11 PM.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast