+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Middlesborough ***Matchday Thread***

Good win today, ***** we didn't let that slip at the end.

Very good performances from quite a few and nice to see Ekuban back, looks raw but still worked hard when he came on and didn't give their defenders a moments rest on the ball unlike Grot.

Got to be a no brainer for me now that Roofe starts up front, I don't think he is going to win us promotion but he is a better option than Lassoga at the moment as Lasogga wins nothing so it is not like we are losing a target man with Roofe up top.

Need to follow this up though with a good performance vs Wolves who are a fantastic team at the moment, would certainly take a point from that game to continue a bit of momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Good win today, ***** we didn't let that slip at the end.

Very good performances from quite a few and nice to see Ekuban back, looks raw but still worked hard when he came on and didn't give their defenders a moments rest on the ball unlike Grot.

Got to be a no brainer for me now that Roofe starts up front, I don't think he is going to win us promotion but he is a better option than Lassoga at the moment as Lasogga wins nothing so it is not like we are losing a target man with Roofe up top.

Need to follow this up though with a good performance vs Wolves who are a fantastic team at the moment, would certainly take a point from that game to continue a bit of momentum.
    Agree 100% about Roofe over Lasogga, and I think if Roofe gets a run up front he'll score goals. The thing that really pleased me about today's performance was our back four, who I thought all had really good games, and I hope this marks the return of the 'real' Pontus. And I know Cooper has his detractors, but I thought he was excellent today, (as was Berardi). But yeah Wolves away is going to be a whole different level of challenge for our defence than Boro were today, who I thought were pretty sh1t and one dimensional. It was almost like Monk had a plan A, and when that was clearly not working he had no plan B, or C, or D, to go to - now where have I seen that before...........

I know alioski is a bit lightweight but he attacks and has got good skillfull feet, much better than sacko, and he works. Ayling was a bit unlucky with the penalty as that cheating Middlesbrough idiot had ayling round the throat and threw him to the ground which obviously the also blind cheating linesman omitted to see.....good tempo and good teamwork today.

Imagine that was a last day of the season game with both going fort sixth spot. That decision would have cost us a place in the play-offs. Hope it's not the FL doing a dummy run.

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38203549

Not arguing BB, just saying ;-) (obviously triallist cnuts don't argue with old timers). Anyhow, unless we go on a run like the beginning of the season it's all a bit academic, but the fact our downward slide almost coincided with him joining looks a bit more than just coincidence, for now anyway........

Well there is a lot of 'shyght' spoken on here Taff.....

I really enjoyed Saiz's defensive contribution today - it's an interesting tactic they're using - he comes very deep and picks up loose balls all the time, has a run and makes some space, keeps hold - very different to our past option of hoping Wood/Roofe/anyone up front could hold onto it long enough for somebody to get up and support them. He takes it past a couple, finds a bit of space, relieves the pressure.

He wasn't as much of a threat up front today, but made a great all-round contribution. Great find whoever got him for the club.

One other thing I noticed, why Sacko, Ekuban and Grot on the bench ??? Personally I'd rather see someone like Klisch (who I think given a chance could be a solid player for us) than Sacko or Grot on the bench for Wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Allioski is the white Sacko
    He is MUCH better than Sacko.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Not sure about playing 12 men tho

That Ref..what a cnut
    To be fair it was the Assistant Referee who made that dreadful call - does his Mum even know he's out (he looks about 12).

Overall a far better performance and more like the start of the season.
    They all looked 'up for it' and probably the best performance I have seen by Hernandez - he was even tacking back (or at least trying to). We should really have put it to bed but Saiz unlucky with the post and Cooper didn't even trouble the keeper with a free header from 6 yards out. Appalling decision by the Assistant Referee but Ayling's reaction could have been more costly than it was. About time we accept the inevitable and start using video technology for the big decisions (it works fine for rugby union).

MOT

funny how Hernandez & Alioski come in for stick now, for 10 years we have had a squad completely bereft of quality footballers. Hernandez is exactly that, Quality, Saiz and Alioski have the potential to be also. Proper footballers who play the game correctly, on the deck, they should be applauded, its not their job to win the battle, thats for oŽkane, Viera and Phillips to do.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)