+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The value of a manager

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Why are we talking and raving about Trippier,didn't he phook off last season to pastures new..?

I wish him him well but he's nothing to Do with us now.. The treacherous cont.. Took the money and run ..I would love to see us finish above Spurs..(it won't happen )
    If we're not supposed to be talking about Tripps Alf.... then why are you talking about him

I believe that when we got the call from Spurs he didn't really want to make the move, some of the senior players down Gawthorpe got a grip of him and told him not to be so bloody daft, get in the office and get it done, a chance like that can't be turned down. I'd have him back tomorrow, but sadly he's way out of our league now.

irritates me to itches....all this Premier League nonsense - what kind of Premier League is it where there's few with a complete game - the majority just hang in there - playing with varying levels of uncertainty - has there ever been such a poor gathering of teams as we're seeing today- this league of giants is a joke....and with managers, dropping like flies as they are - not sure if the true reason for their seeming inadequacy....is boredom.
    All good for us tho......isn't it ?

The fear of being out of the prize pot of £120 million per season is a risk the odious money men now involved in the EPL are not prepared to take.

If Bournemouth beat Swansea on Saturday, Clement is the next to go.

All of these managerial merry-go-round shenanigans, make it virtually impossible that we will not be in the EPL next season!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The fear of being out of the prize pot of £120 million per season is a risk the odious money men now involved in the EPL are not prepared to take.

If Bournemouth beat Swansea on Saturday, Clement is the next to go.

All of these managerial merry-go-round shenanigans, make it virtually impossible that we will not be in the EPL next season!
    Yes BT
    It’s amazing what strong and stable leadership can do against those who want to throw money at a problem and expect to solve it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

Very true BT, in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King. 22 points from 12 games also helps, just one point a game from now on, potentially relegation form, would still see us on 48 points, normally enough to finish in the top 10. I don't think even Brian Laws with OC as his assistant could get us relegated from this position, although they might give it a bloody good go.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Very true BT, in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King. 22 points from 12 games also helps, just one point a game from now on, potentially relegation form, would still see us on 48 points, normally enough to finish in the top 10. I don't think even Brian Laws with OC as his assistant could get us relegated from this position, although they might give it a bloody good go.
    Wow I’m speechless.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Yes BT
    It’s amazing what strong and stable leadership can do against those who want to throw money at a problem and expect to solve it.
    To be fair OC, we haven't got where we are today on just strong, stable leadership and free transfers. Brady, Westwood, Pope, Defour, Hendrick, Iceland, Wells, Wood, Cork, Walters, Taylor, I reckon that's not far short of £80 million thrown at it in not much over a year.

It really is amazing that little old Burnley can spend £80 million, still balance the books and are in a straight race with the "Big Six" for a fourth place finish!

Unbelievable sinkov!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    To be fair OC, we haven't got where we are today on just strong, stable leadership and free transfers. Brady, Westwood, Pope, Defour, Hendrick, Iceland, Wells, Wood, Cork, Walters, Taylor, I reckon that's not far short of £80 million thrown at it in not much over a year.
    Yes Not bad for a team of 11 £7M each and a net spend of less than half that sum. The big six spend that on one player who often sits out the game.

The squad is also stable with only 17 used so far I heard. Contrast that to the big six where they play two different teams.

On checking we have used 20 but 8 have played over 85 mins a game with Tarks ever present.
    https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-bur...en/verein/1132
    Last edited by oldcolner; 21-11-2017 at 09:46 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)