+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The value of a manager

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    With a chance of being at least 6th and maybe 4th with a win. Now if only we had beaten west Brom!!
    Some bookies even have us as favourites!

Lib-Lab pact BT?

I agree with Alto, we have to improve the team as and when we can, we cannot afford to sit back and admire what have achieved so far, and I'm 100% certain Dyche is thinking the same way, he will also be looking to improve the team and squad, there is no way he's going to be sitting back thinking 'great, job done'.

As always the problem will be wages, we can match many PL teams now on transfer fees, but we can't allow the wage bill to spiral out of control and so maybe the Championship will still be where we have look for new signings. I've no problem with that, there are plenty at that level capable of making the step up, and my priority would be to find a better right back than Lowton. I've no real problem with the lad, but if we are to keep improving the team, as we must, then right back is where I'd start.

We said exactly the same on Saturday sinkov.

Lowton is honest, trustworthy and always puts a shift in but Trippier he is not...

Twice on Saturday, if Trippier had been in the same position we would in all probability have gone four up!

Just on Tripps BT, Jamie Redknapp is saying in the Mail today that Spurs have dropped a huge bo!!ock selling Walker to City. I don't agree, from what I've seen of Tripps in his last few games for Spurs and England, he's the equal of Walker if not better, and still improving. A cracking piece of business by Spurs, trouser £50m for Walker and replace him with Trippier or Aurier. Very astute imo.

Why are we talking and raving about Trippier,didn't he phook off last season to pastures new..?

I wish him him well but he's nothing to Do with us now.. The treacherous cont.. Took the money and run ..I would love to see us finish above Spurs..(it won't happen )

Not at all fair Alf. His agent inserted a "trigger release clause" when we snaffled him from Citeh for next to nowt. Spurs saw a bargain, triggered the release clause and off the lad went with quadrupled wages.

Worked out well, because we used the money wisely and Trippier now plays for England and still talks highly about his time with Dyche and Burnley.

No hard feelings from me!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Some bookies even have us as favourites!
    Give over .......

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Not at all fair Alf. His agent inserted a "trigger release clause" when we snaffled him from Citeh for next to nowt. Spurs saw a bargain, triggered the release clause and off the lad went with quadrupled wages.

Worked out well, because we used the money wisely and Trippier now plays for England and still talks highly about his time with Dyche and Burnley.

No hard feelings from me!
    I agree BT
    We made money and had him for three years, I doubt he would have been able to come if he didn’t have a release clause and a sell on clause for City. So I’m grateful for his time here and the good will he still gives us.

Quote Originally Posted by wmdave_b View Post
    Give over .......
    BT has had a dream I think. Or made a very big bet!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)