+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Oh no, another goal fest ....

Oh no, another goal fest ....

....not !!

Some stats for those that like a bet.

Burnley are the No.1 team in the Premier League for Under 2.5 Goals, and have a 100% Home record for that bet. This weekend they face Swansea, who themselves have an 80% Away record for Under 2.5 Goals (4 games out of 5). It’s also worth pointing out that Burnley have won 5 games this season and 4 of them have been by the 1-0 Correct Score…

from those numbers - Sinkov....theres a possibility of it being a 5 goal game.

I used to bet a lot in my youth Sinkov, Horse, pools, football and especially cards, I'd usually blow a weeks wages in one day with a long walk home from the top of Manchester Road to Lane Head at 4am, I would not care a jot though as I'd enjoyed myself.

I stopped for a good while then someone I worked with told me about Placepots at horse meetings, I liked it and started again doing every meeting every day, sometimes 4 different Placepot's for every day's meetings, for years occasionally winning a few thousand but in general losing much more.

Nowadays I just do the fixed odds Football coupon sometimes.

I very rarely bet on Burnley, unless it feels right, which was when Coyle took us up to the prem, I looked at the Handicap table for the Championship and could not believe the odds they had given Burnley to win it with a great handicap at the start of the season, 28/1 was very generous especially with too much of a handicap. but it was just a feeling, could have gone wrong I know but it didn't.

I hope you do small bets Sinkov, I'd hate you to get in a rut like I did, especially when you seem to rely on stats which are there to be broken.

Don't worry about me Alto, I bet a lot every day but only to small stakes. It pays, it has to, I have a betting bank and if ever that disappears then I stop betting, because Mrs S would never fund it out of the housekeeping. I also do a fair bit of match-betting, you can't lose, but obviously the bookies don't like it, so I keep that small stakes and just play at it, nothing that would attract their attention. Just keeping it low key I've made about £2k on that in two years, it would subsidise any losses on the gee gees if needed, but it doesn't have to, they pay their way as well.

1-0 Burnley with Brady to score, is having my tenner placed on it today.

I stopped betting on the nags the day I blew a very large accrued windfall at York Races!

Good times though!

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

from those numbers - Sinkov....theres a possibility of it being a 5 goal game.

Will Ferrell predicts its to be 5-5.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)