+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Thought I would have a change

O/T Thought I would have a change

Friday night and chilling. No TV just music and me. No beer, no red wine as a usual trait after a week of work.

Thought I'd log on and explore music from the bygone era and having shared a bottle of Bollinger with the good lady, I thought I would follow on with a Lanson...I digress. Yes Brin also has a collection of reasonable good champers. I may post as a commoner but I do lavish when the mood suits me.

Currently listening to Jim Croce - Time in a bottle. One of my all time greats. The words are timeless and meaningful.

Call me old school but I like musicians that put the effort into their work and not some random lyric rhyming rubbish just to make a number one in the charts like today.

For the older section of us postees, what takes you back?

Doubling up.

Looking at Jagger and Richards and the Stones performing Wild horses off the Sticky Fingers album from 71. Boy they looked as craggy then as they do now, what a hard life they've lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Friday night and chilling. No TV just music and me. No beer, no red wine as a usual trait after a week of work.

Thought I'd log on and explore music from the bygone era and having shared a bottle of Bollinger with the good lady, I thought I would follow on with a Lanson...I digress. Yes Brin also has a collection of reasonable good champers. I may post as a commoner but I do lavish when the mood suits me.

Currently listening to Jim Croce - Time in a bottle. One of my all time greats. The words are timeless and meaningful.

Call me old school but I like musicians that put the effort into their work and not some random lyric rhyming rubbish just to make a number one in the charts like today.

For the older section of us postees, what takes you back?
    Football managers that build & coach a team to win things not spend,spend & sign loan players by the boat load to win things then run out off money & go back to where you came from.

Got sticky fingers when it 1st came out, lv Wild horses + rest of the album is none to shabby. I got into music early 70's. Loved the Faces. There 1st album first step Flying & Nobody knows, class songs. Then Rod Stewart got famous & split what would have been the best band of the 70's up. Ronnie Wood joined the stones but they were just treading water by then.