+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coutts

Coutts

Somebody reporting he's fractured his fibula and tibia, no ligament damage. 4-6months out, more likely the latter.

If that’s the case he should hopefully get back to full fitness. Get wel soon Couttsey!

You seen that awful photo on S2,all nite i had been praying for him that it was just a cracked bone,then i saw that photo.

Season over for him,feel so sad after him winning over the fans and Wilder last season,and being so influencial this season.

We could struggle now,although we did beat Ipswich (when he was missing) with Duffy,Lundstram and Fleck in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Somebody reporting he's fractured his fibula and tibia, no ligament damage. 4-6months out, more likely the latter.

If that’s the case he should hopefully get back to full fitness. Get wel soon Couttsey!
    I went last night Gray - Couttsey looked in absolute agony when it happened. First half we looked really good and together with the result I should have come away feeling really happy but actually felt very sad.

Wasn't quite clear what had happened but most suspected it was a break at the time. Really sorry to hear this news. He will be really missed.

Apparently they said on RS it was a high foot from their player and Billy certainly came over to the bench and seemed to be indicating the same. I didn't get a clear view because there were other players in between but it looked as if Couttsy went to strike the ball really hard and next minute was down injured.

Most importantly get well soon Paul - we will miss you!

Quote Originally Posted by silentjourneyhome View Post
    I went last night Gray - Couttsey looked in absolute agony when it happened. First half we looked really good and together with the result I should have come away feeling really happy but actually felt very sad.

Wasn't quite clear what had happened but most suspected it was a break at the time. Really sorry to hear this news. He will be really missed.

Apparently they said on RS it was a high foot from their player and Billy certainly came over to the bench and seemed to be indicating the same. I didn't get a clear view because there were other players in between but it looked as if Couttsy went to strike the ball really hard and next minute was down injured.

Most importantly get well soon Paul - we will miss you!
    I watched the came online Silent and I’ve also seen the tackle on Sky Sports News and it all happened very fast. I don’t think for one minute it was a calculated attempt to maim a player but as the still photos show it was late and high and the result of them coming together as Coutts tried a shot was shocking.

Like all Blades I bet, I’ve woke up feeling sick to the pits but these things happen in football and we will have to move on without him this season. SSN just confirmed he’ll be out for the season.

Missed your thread Gray sorry

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Missed your thread Gray sorry
    Don’t worry mate it looked like I’d got some duff into re his fibula.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    I watched the came online Silent and I’ve also seen the tackle on Sky Sports News and it all happened very fast. I don’t think for one minute it was a calculated attempt to maim a player but as the still photos show it was late and high and the result of them coming together as Coutts tried a shot was shocking.

Like all Blades I bet, I’ve woke up feeling sick to the pits but these things happen in football and we will have to move on without him this season. SSN just confirmed he’ll be out for the season.
    I agree Gray. Just feel so sorry for the lad.

That photo is so misleading sordell is in front of coutts trying to block a shot and he kicks his foot with his shin at the end of his follow though absolutely no blame attached to it at all just unlucky if he'd caught him with his ankle it would have spun him round just unfortunate it was in the middle of his leg yes the foot was high but he wasn't diving into him he was coming across the front trying to block the shot

All the same big blow for us hope Lundy can win over his doubters
    Last edited by bulmer1889; 18-11-2017 at 02:20 PM.

There is a feeling that the football Gods have been good to us this season, especially amongst our piggy friends.

Moore gets injured - No problem Jamal steps up

Freeman gets injured - No problem, Baldock steps up

We buy a centre forward to boost our striking options - He scores two goals in his first game and promptly gets injured - No problem, Leon steps up

We buy a Championship centre half who promptly gets injured - No problem, the lads from last season and Carter Vickers step up

Sharp gets injured - No problem Brooks steps up

Baldock gets injured whilst Freeman is still out - No problem, the squad all rearrange themselves and Basham steps up

Duffy is not fit for a portion of the early part of the season - No problem Brooks steps up

But in our particular team Coutts is *****, he is irreplaceable with the players we have at the club at the moment.

The football Gods have never left us alone, it's just that this team won't be defeated by the b******ds

Time for lundstram to step up he's a better player than he's shown so far just needs to know he has our backing and he could flourish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast