+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coutts out for season

Coutts out for season

by the looks of it:

A statement from the Blades read: “Sheffield United can confirm that Paul Coutts suffered a fractured tibia in Friday evening's victory over Burton Albion.

“The midfielder was stretchered off in the Sky Bet Championship encounter at the Pirelli Stadium.

“He will have an operation over the weekend but is likely to miss the remainder of the season.”

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...L-Championship

I think we all knew that he wouldn’t play again this season B58, but there’s a crumb if comfort that it’s just his tibia. The guy on S2 was saying he’s fractured his fibula as well.

Get well soon Couttsey!

You might be surprised I broke my tibia playing football , I was walking again with in 6 weeks , and I am sure coutts will get better medical assistance the I did

It’s one thing walking wavy but I think it’s another to get the bone strong enough to play professional football mate, but I hope you’re right.

To be honest if it takes him all season I'm not bothered as long as he makes a full recovery obviously the earlier the better but the main thing is that he makes a full recovery and is able to play again

feel so sorry for the lad playing the best football of his career then this happens but like a lot have said its football im afraid no doubt we will get more injuries before end of season however we have the best squad weve had in years up to everybody to pull together to get us over the line probably means the couple of signings we were gonna make in january might be 3 now get well paul and keep yer chin up utb ftp

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    It’s one thing walking wavy but I think it’s another to get the bone strong enough to play professional football mate, but I hope you’re right.
    It all depends if he has to have it plated or fixings , they might have to come out in another operation , mine was a clean break , 6 to 8 weeks with a cast , once the pain has gone of the bone knitting together , you can start physio work , even with cast on to keep the tendons and ligaments moving , anyway we shall see Wilder knows what he's doing , got me thinking where would we be with out Wilder !! Keep taking the pills Chris we would be lost with out yer

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Bang on Gray. Its not the healing it's the rehabilitation after and getting back to somewhere like he was.

Big loss, his partnership with Fleck has been the catalyst of the season and last season.
    A chance for someone else now, Lundstram, Carruthers, Basham or maybe one of the young lads out on loan?
    Personally I think Fleck and Basham might be the best option to start with.

A footballers life can be so cruel at times,in the form of his life,enjoying being the heartbeat of Christopher's team ,and now this ,I just hope Paul is not in much pain this afternoon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast