+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Cheltenham Town 18/11/17

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Must have been a good half time 'chat'
    I would think a few boots went flying Swale

Fantastic Stats :

Home TeamNotts CountyAway TeamCheltenham
    Possession
    Home72%Away28%
    Shots
    Home16Away3
    Shots on Target
    Home6Away1
    Corners
    Home7Away1
    Fouls
    Home2Away4 From BBC

Great result. Might have to resurrect my Notts County song from the 70's "Super Notts"

Superb 2nd half (missed the 1st half because someone forgot to plug the camera in)......Notts played some Championship football in spells......Hawk, Grant, Shola and Stead all played a blinder, some of the 1st touches were like watching Barca......Yates and Milsom chased everything in midfield.....Fitz looked a bit nervous coming for the high ball.

3-1 was pretty much spot on......we are beginning to enjoy being top of the table.....COYP

Strange game that , we certainly didn't play well and we certainly didn't play bad. No player played really well, no player was bad. We certainly deserved to win though and I thought Grant was MOM. Cheltenham weren't a bad side though , watching them warm up before the game I thought they were a basketball team! Last word about the Ref , how he can miss a blatant push which would have given us a penalty when he was 5 yards away looking straight at it is beyond me.

Another game that showed we just lacked that bit extra up front, we should cause teams a lot more problems with all the possession and attempts on goal we create.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Strange game that , we certainly didn't play well and we certainly didn't play bad. No player played really well, no player was bad. We certainly deserved to win though and I thought Grant was MOM. Cheltenham weren't a bad side though , watching them warm up before the game I thought they were a basketball team! Last word about the Ref , how he can miss a blatant push which would have given us a penalty when he was 5 yards away looking straight at it is beyond me.
    Honestly not sure what people are hoping for if that doesn't count as playing well.

I thought we were pretty much excellent from start to finish. Only criticism is that we wasted a few chances, but hey.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Honestly not sure what people are hoping for if that doesn't count as playing well.

I thought we were pretty much excellent from start to finish. Only criticism is that we wasted a few chances, but hey.
    I thought we played well. We're knocking the ball around much more now than we were at the start of the season, which suggests that Kevin Nolan took them back to basics and is now building a pattern from there. The most important thing is the relentless consistency of our results.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    Another game that showed we just lacked that bit extra up front, we should cause teams a lot more problems with all the possession and attempts on goal we create.
    You're right there, Steward. We need someone a bit quicker in the box, not that I'm knocking Stead or Ameobi - far from it - their hold-up play is very good, we just need someone rather nippy to snap up the half-chances.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    You're right there, Steward. We need someone a bit quicker in the box, not that I'm knocking Stead or Ameobi - far from it - their hold-up play is very good, we just need someone rather nippy to snap up the half-chances.
    Surely the answer to that is obvious in Jorge Grant?

On another note, did anyone else see the new entrance built in to the main stand?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast