+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shrewsbury Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey46 View Post
    Feels like we are at square 1 to be honest.
    That's my point, this season is square one. Get rid of Warne now and the rest of the season is written off and then next season is square one again. Where does it end?

One telling observation from today regarding attitude of the players was when they scored the winner there was a least one if not two players sunk to the floor and laid prostrate as if they'd given up. Wasting time when we're behind.
    We should be retrieving the ball and rushing to KO again. There was still 3 mins and perhaps 4 after their goal celebrations so enough time to equalise if we applied ourselves correctly. But no...we effectively gave up and resigned ourselves to defeat.
    I bet Shrews would have come at us for for 3/4 mins if we had taken the lead.

As for the mass exodus of home fans....very poor especially after what happened at the Donny match.

We stayed to the end but haven't got a problem with fans leaving early, if they have seen enough poor football fair enough. Like you say the team had given up so hey each to there own.

It's a bit chicken and egg though.
    Why should the players try if 90% of the stadium goes home.
    In it together.

If the fans have gone in such numbers, then the players have been crap why stay to watch crap, maybe the penny will drop and they improve who knows I won't lose any sleep over it, and to be honest neither will the players.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    It's a bit chicken and egg though.
    Why should the players try if 90% of the stadium goes home.
    In it together.
    To me it depends on

Time left to play (I go in extra time only usually I hate the pushing and shoving at end of match, if you judge it right you only miss 1 min)
    How many goals we are down ( iv only ever left a match early twice and that was towards end of last year, the fact that I turned up took up all should be enough)

There’s a guy behind where I sit that leaves on 80 mins no matter what no idea why

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    To me it depends on

Time left to play (I go in extra time only usually I hate the pushing and shoving at end of match, if you judge it right you only miss 1 min)
    How many goals we are down ( iv only ever left a match early twice and that was towards end of last year, the fact that I turned up took up all should be enough)

There’s a guy behind where I sit that leaves on 80 mins no matter what no idea why
    He is probably a centre half for the dog and duck and he’s going to his car to collect his boots, hoping to come on as sub.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Ouch Stefan Payne , sincere apologies , that said and I keep saying it , how come you guys didn't go after him , right under your noses .
    because we tend to prefer forwards who can't score goals (unless they are on loan of course)

Do we still have an academy? Have any of these players come through our system.

Heard a rumour a while back the ground bought on bawtry road will not be redevelped as our training ground. Is that right?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast