+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Shrewsbury Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Do you think Vaulks is a better footballer than Frecklington, Towell or Potter? Yes or no? None of this crap about having spirit or having that something extra that nobody other than you can see. Just a simple yes or no answer.
    Yes. Would say out of players who are under contract with us only Ihiekwe compares. Frecks & Potter are playing from memory. Towell he's got something but if I could only keep one would be Vaulks.

Also I’d like to add I’d sooner have every Rotherham player who plays for us than any of West Ham’s lol they are so rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Yes. Would say out of players who are under contract with us only Ihiekwe compares. Frecks & Potter are playing from memory. Towell he's got something but if I could only keep one would be Vaulks.
    Thankyou for answering. You've confirmed my suspicions.

Anyone who things ajayi should be given a run of games? If you watch the extended highlights ajayi made 4/5 mistakes you wouldn't expect a non league players to make. Is this the only time this season? He'll no he's done it in every game he's started.
    He's started 8 league games this season and from those 24 points available we have won 5 points. Add to that starts Vs Huddersfield and chesterfield which we lost both. Get him away from the first team and build him up again. We all know he's better than he's showing but his confidence is shot.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Look at the games when we played good football and won well this season and you will find our midfield consisted of Frecks Potter and Towell

The reason we are now playing more hit and hope football is Vaulks is now playing in midfield in my opinion of course

Shrews reported verdict

League leaders Shrewsbury were todays visitors to NYS for todays L1 encounter. Before kick off, Shrews manager Paul Hurst, the Millers record appearance holder as a player received a rapturous welcome from the Millers faithful.
    The game started at a quiet pace with the only opening of any note was a weak header from Millers midfielder Will Vaulks which was comfortably saved by Dean Henderson in the Shrews goal. Henderson was a hero on 13 minutes however, saving a penalty from the EFL’s top scorer the Millers Kieffer Moore, awarded for a clumsy tackle by Shrews defender Nsiala on the Millers loanee Midfielder Richie Towell. Shrewsbury gained heart from the penalty reprieve & took the lead in the 18th minute when a left sided run from Shrews midfielder Jon Nolan saw him hammer the ball past O’Donnell in the Millers net. Whalley was next to go close for Shrewsbury, testing O’Donnell with a hard low shot on 33 minutes. As half time approached, Rotherham came more into the game & defender Richard Wood had a goalbound effort saved by Henderson who saved again from Towell just on the half time whistle.

Part two

Shrewsbury’s task of holding on to the three points became harder on 52 minutes with the straight red card issued to defender Abu Agogo for a rash challenge on Millers midfielder Ryan Williams. Shrewsbury to their credit almost made it two when following a quick break, forward Stefan Payne played in Nolan again but the Shrews goalscorer fluffed his lines & blazed the ball over the bar. Millers manager Paul Warne obviously had seen enough & started withdrawing midfielders & introducing striker Clarke-Harris & attack minded midfielder Frecklington & after a sustained period of Millers pressure, the home side deservedly equalised when Towell rifled in a fine Joe Newell crossfield ball. Rotherham continued to have all the momentum going into the game’s final stages with one or two goalmouth scrambles which were well defended by the Shrews. A terrific roar from the Millers faithful greeted the 4th officials board of SIX minutes added time hoping their team could finally breach the Shrewsbury back line but after conceding a needless corner the Millers went home empty handed when Payne rifled the ball home in the 93rd minute.
    FT Millers 1 Shrews 2

An unlucky defeat of their own making by the Millers. Six games without a win now with Wigan in town next weekend. Disconcerting to say the least

What was the foul for on their keeper when Wood got a yellow card? I don't know what was up with it tbh

I wonder what score would have been if Shrewsbury hadn’t been stalling for time and played seriously for 90 mins 1-4 maybe why do I feel like I just watched a couple of clowns chase us around for most of match

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I wonder what score would have been if Shrewsbury hadn’t been stalling for time and played seriously for 90 mins 1-4 maybe why do I feel like I just watched a couple of clowns chase us around for most of match

Will vaulks is not a great footballer and in my opinion is too slow to be a holding player covering up the mess. The amount of times the ball comes to him and he just hoofs it over his shoulder instead of getting hold of it or hitting a 20 yard ball about 20 yards too far.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast