+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shrewsbury Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Towell MOTM for me

I honestly didn't think Shrews were that great, faked injury isn't for me

Thought ref that a few wrong but nowt new there

Warney took too long fetching JCH, nowt new there

Think we played alright tbh but a few bad passes, too close to their keeper with crosses in

Williams was not MOTM

I hope the boos were for officials

Oh and do we actually have a Penalty taker?
    Boos were for time wasting keeper and time wasting Payne (I left after 2nd goal so don’t know if boos were after the game)

And yes we have one but he didn’t come on until 60 mins 😆

For me we lost because Paul Warne hasn’t twigged 451 does not work and will not get you the goals we need.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Towell MOTM for me

I honestly didn't think Shrews were that great, faked injury isn't for me

Thought ref that a few wrong but nowt new there

Warney took too long fetching JCH, nowt new there

Think we played alright tbh but a few bad passes, too close to their keeper with crosses in

Williams was not MOTM

I hope the boos were for officials

Oh and do we actually have a Penalty taker?
    h

Wow, thought Towell was rubbish today, gave the ball away, ducked every header, and neshed absolutely everything. But scored a great goal.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    h

Wow, thought Towell was rubbish today, gave the ball away, ducked every header, and neshed absolutely everything. But scored a great goal.

Your MOTM was?

Warney terrible. This all started when we got this Manny bloke in & not a Centre back who can come straight in. Ajayi has gone, he can't even head back to his keeper. Then we end up with Ajayi & a left back as Centre backs. If you were going to make changes to win the game why bring an unfit Frecks on & Forde. Wiles & Ball would have been better. Williams worse game for us but no other winger good enough. Bailey-King were his he?

Good job we got off to a decent start,because this defence would have got us relegated without a doubt,Woods and Ajayi must be the two worst central defenders we have ever had,or very close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Warney terrible. This all started when we got this Manny bloke in & not a Centre back who can come straight in. Ajayi has gone, he can't even head back to his keeper. Then we end up with Ajayi & a left back as Centre backs. If you were going to make changes to win the game why bring an unfit Frecks on & Forde. Wiles & Ball would have been better. Williams worse game for us but no other winger good enough. Bailey-King were his he?
    Gwru I don’t think the defence is the only issue though, look at our formation 451 against Gillingham Doncaster and Wimbledon it’s not aggressive enough and with our defence it’s begging for trouble

Did any one in the main stand notice any issue between Hirst and Barker at full time? I was walking out of the North Stand at the final whistle so wasn't fully concentrating. Anyone get the vibe that Barker was narked about something?

do people go to the games on this site ... same people spouting same old rubish ... 4--5-1 dosnt work really !!!! leading goal scorers in the league.. 4th best home recored... defending not fantastic .. yes we do give too many sloppy goals away.. but we can scored hitting long balls not pritty but works .. we went toe to toe today with a very well drilled side ... there was only going to be one winner until the last 2 mins .we are 2 points off the play offs.. get a grip.... we have just had the worst season in our history. we need to build slowly and we are doing that..

Quote Originally Posted by HerbieCobbler View Post
    Did any one in the main stand notice any issue between Hirst and Barker at full time? I was walking out of the North Stand at the final whistle so wasn't fully concentrating. Anyone get the vibe that Barker was narked about something?
    Yes I saw it and I'm guessing it was because we didn't give the ball back to them after they kicked it out because Vaulks was injured.

They had a point too. Bad form by us.

As I said in an earlier thread.

Sadly I think this will be the game that really exposes the weaknesses AND LACK OF COACHING IN our defence.
    The day the fans start to finish Paul Warne's honeymoon period.
    Hope I'm wrong but I've got a nasty feeling about this one.

Turned out to be bang on, and yet our manager thinks we don’t need a defence coach!!

Maybe he’s right and it’s a new manager that we need.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast