+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread - The Millers v Shrewsbury

MillersMad Matchthread - The Millers v Shrewsbury

Along side Crewe I look forward to this match when we are in the same league. It must have been special things that happen in those games. Whether is was a hatrick from someone or a bit of skill by a favourite player of that era that gives me the feeling of great expectancy of a good match.

Obviously todays match is special. They are surprisingly top of the league. Surprising because they looked dead and burried and looking at relegation before the appointment of Paul Hirst. Paul hirst was a battler as a player! He is a great role model for anyone. He must have been frustrated with the Rotherham managers as everyone brought in a replacement for him only for him to keep going and take the chance when ever he was given it and keep his place in the team. Never in my life have I known someone keep fighting as he did.
    Paul Hirst is a hero of mine, a favourite who never let the team or the club down, a true proffesional who's record for the most appearences for a Miller won't ever be beaten.
    Thank you Paul Hirst for your service to Rotherham United!

We need to winning football matches and today is a great day to do it. We're taking on the league leaders so a win will be tremendous for moral just as the last minute leveller last week was.

We have to be attacking and drive forrud. We have to continue to create chances for our forruds to attract players needed in January. So come on Rotherham! Get a couple of early goals and then defend for our lives!

A few weeks ago we were the form team in the league. I was hoping we could continue that form and I expected Shrewsbury to have a bit of a stutter. I had even thought that we might be in a position to overtake them today. Well - Hursty's team continue to flourish and we have had the stutter.

I'm looking forward to the match but with heaps of trepidation. We have the players to beat them but our inconsistency and "generous" defending probably makes them favourites. Lose these next two and the knives will be out (or even further out) Win the next two and the knives will still be out (they're never actually not out for some) but we may get some respite . Important games.

Come on lads! 2-1 to us (please!)

Surprised we are favourites

O'Donnell;
    Cummings,
    Ajayi,
    Wood,
    Mattock;
    Potter;
    Williams,
    Vaulks,
    Towell,
    Newell;
    Moore

Subs

Rodak,
    Emmanuel,
    Forde,
    Frecklington,
    Ball,
    Clarke-Harris,
    Wiles.

Hello all, good opening post is that, Frog.

Afternoon one and all. Nice introduction, Frog. I’m going for a 3-1 home win over the league leaders. After witnessing the late equaliser at Donny last week, I’m confident we will win today.

Balderdash. Well that’s their 1goal.

Moore missed penalty

Now 1-0 down

Bad defending YET AGAIN

This is dreadful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast