+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A question for our experts about our defence.

A question for our experts about our defence.

Does our defence mark man to man or do they defend zonally?

no mans land defending i think new system

I don’t think anybody knows what system we use, it’s impossible to tell by watching them.

I don’t think the players know either.

Zonally when I watched your game last week at Donny .

Goals today like most we concede come from elementary mistakes two players left it to each other for first goal allowing him to run through and score and also not sure about goalkeepers position,second goal came from a corner conceded from a miskick by Ajayi and poor defending from the corner.A defence playing with no confidence will always concede goals or is it that we are simply not good enough,dont honestly know or even Warney doesnt either.wins and clean sheets breed confidence,thats the answer.Warnock achieved It by playing Halford in front of the back four,we are trying it with Potter and he is struggling with it since his injury,so try someone else.

In case anyone is interested in the truth..

We are supposedly marking man for man with each player having a designated opponent to mark at set pieces!

I can understand why people would not actually believe this but like everything I post on here..That is the truth!

Agree with Hotun.
    Both goals were far too easy although the first one was very well taken - power and accuracy in my opinion gave O' Donnell no chance
    The only mitigating factor for the second was that two defenders had been taken off.
    Keystone cops defending to let the cross come in, then to concede a totally unnecessary corner, then to leave a player unmarked
    The last thing the RUFC defence needs to do in injury time is to concede a corner

I've said this many times before, we started with 3 out of 4 who shipped 100+ last season. Yes, a division higher but way way off the quality required. Defenders are the easiest and cheapest to recruit. Bad move to offer new contracts to some and keep playing the others.

Ajayi is downright awful. I am struggling to think of a worst centre back we have ever had.

Mattock should never have been given an extension. I’m lead to believe he is a big earner and yet he offers nothing.

Wood is shot.

Cummings has gone from what I thought was a half decent player into a gibbering wreck.

Vaulks is rubbish. Full back or midfield.

Why did we let Dom Ball go & get this Manny bloke in whose like the invisible man. Don't say Dom Ball was a bad apple. If the manager isn't strong enough to lay the law down shouldn't be the manager

This is the worst back 4 i can ever remember, after the under 17s game on Tuesday night i said to my son that i would have more confidence if them 4 young lads were playing against Shrewsbury than our lot, and i was right, we would probably have won that game 1-0. Absolute shambles.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast