+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A question for our experts about our defence.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    O'Donnell Cummings Ajayi Ihiekwe Mattock until January should be the back five imo

Purrington is getting better though apart from keep picking injuries up
    The point I'm making is, apart from Ihiekwe none of them are good enough and we see this every week.
    Crosses rain in from either side because the full backs are incapable of stopping them and the central defenders are incapable of dealing with them.
    It's a bit of a mess really.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    O'Donnell Cummings Ajayi Ihiekwe Mattock until January should be the back five imo

Purrington is getting better though apart from keep picking injuries up
    I'd swap Wood for Ajayi, but I'd agree with the rest. In my opinion Wood comes in for a lot of unfair criticism and Ajayi has looked all over the place when he's played this season. Either way I think Warne needs to pick a back 5 and stick with it for half a dozen games at least (barring injury or suspension obviously) as all this chopping and changing isn't helping.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    . Either way I think Warne needs to pick a back 5 and stick with it for half a dozen games at least (barring injury or suspension obviously) as all this chopping and changing isn't helping.
    I don't think he's had the chance to do that since we played Charlton. There's been at least one injury/suspension/international callups which has effected the back line. Add to that the injury's to frecks, Taylor and potter it's quite obvious why we have been struggling over the past 4/5 week.

My choice back 5 would be
    Rodak
    Cummings
    Wood
    Ihiekwe
    Purrington.
    I would Go back to the 5 that have been proven this season, and the five that have got us the most points.

Agree Iekwe is the best defender we have at the moment. He is at least mid div 1 standard. The others would struggle in Div 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I'd swap Wood for Ajayi, but I'd agree with the rest. In my opinion Wood comes in for a lot of unfair criticism and Ajayi has looked all over the place when he's played this season. Either way I think Warne needs to pick a back 5 and stick with it for half a dozen games at least (barring injury or suspension obviously) as all this chopping and changing isn't helping.

Maybe but Ajayi wasn't this bad in championship so we know he's capable, yes we need a settled back five to see how many he may need to fetch in in January

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123