+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Murphy

Decent from him again yesterday. Only player to come out of the game with any credit at all.

I actually agree.
    If you could pick a man of the match for us in a tongue and cheek way then he would be it.
    The more confident he gets the better we will be if we can just get some strikers working.
    Joselu will have to be put out to pasture. I've been patient with him but graft isn't enough.

Mitrovic isn't a speed machine but he looks like one when compared to Joseul.

Anyway, Murphy has the ability to be a real good signing if we can just get some kind of balance right.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I actually agree.
    If you could pick a man of the match for us in a tongue and cheek way then he would be it.
    The more confident he gets the better we will be if we can just get some strikers working.
    Joselu will have to be put out to pasture. I've been patient with him but graft isn't enough.

Mitrovic isn't a speed machine but he looks like one when compared to Joseul.

Anyway, Murphy has the ability to be a real good signing if we can just get some kind of balance right.
    Aye, good points. If we actually had anyone decent up front he could become very useful. That chance he set of for Joselu early on was the product of some very good wing play.

Mind, when Joselu missed his kick entirely and the whole stadium groaned/laughed in disbelief....

Im really pleased he's beginning to show what he can do.

Think he could be a good player for us.

We just needed a striker who could actually score to connect with his crosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Im really pleased he's beginning to show what he can do.

Think he could be a good player for us.

We just needed a striker who could actually score to connect with his crosses.
    If Murphy had whipped out some gaffer tape and wrapped it around the whole Watford team then stuck the whole lot onto the hook of a crane attached to the Leazes roof and winched them up....then placed the ball on the goal line and strapped Joselu into a wheelchair with his right foot sticking out then placed him with his foot touching the ball and then pushed the wheelchair forwards....Joselu would still have missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    If Murphy had whipped out some gaffer tape and wrapped it around the whole Watford team then stuck the whole lot onto the hook of a crane attached to the Leazes roof and winched them up....then placed the ball on the goal line and strapped Joselu into a wheelchair with his right foot sticking out then placed him with his foot touching the ball and then pushed the wheelchair forwards....Joselu would still have missed.
    I think you're being a tad unfair on Joselu there like. It seems you've deliberately not taken into account that the tyres on the wheelchair could have been a bit deflated which would naturally tend to cause his foot to skew away from the ball a millimetre or so.

Actually when I think about it, you were being pretty fair in your assumption.

Yeah, the tyres issue is a fair one. Plus, if Murphy took his hands off briefly-say, to blow on them; it was mighty chilly and he wasn't wearing gloves-then the natural slope down towards the Gallowgate would possibly allow the wheelchair to roll back slightly.

All in all, what I think I'm saying is that if you laid railway lines from the six yard box which ended in the Gallowgate goal then placed a railway cart (think the Wild West and one of those thingys with the handles that go up and down a la Blazing Saddles) on the rails, placed the ball on the cart and glued Joselu to the ball and used an elephant to nudge the cart forward...the ball still wouldn't end up in the back of the net.

Yup...I think that's what I'm saying.

Harsh but fair.

Which is what costs us.

Yeah, the tyres issue is a fair one. Plus, if Murphy took his hands off briefly-say, to blow on them; it was mighty chilly and he wasn't wearing gloves-then the natural slope down towards the Gallowgate would possibly allow the wheelchair to roll back slightly.

All in all, what I think I'm saying is that if you laid railway lines from the six yard box which ended in the Gallowgate goal then placed a railway cart (think the Wild West and one of those thingys with the handles that go up and down a la Blazing Saddles) on the rails, placed the ball on the cart and glued Joselu to the ball and used an elephant to nudge the cart forward...the ball still wouldn't end up in the back of the net.

Yup...I think that's what I'm saying.
    Let me get this straight to see if I'm gathering what you're trying to convey.

Are you saying that, if the goal was the full width of the pitch and 100 feet high with Dennis Wise (who is a very very small man) standing in as a goalie but standing on the goal line at the left hand side of the pitch and Joselu was stood right in the centre of goal 6 inches from the goal line with the ball on that goal line.....little Dennis Wise would manage to save his shot by the time Joselu has managed to get his foot to the ball to get it in motion, or are you saying that Joselu would kick it over the bar or wide of the goal?

If it's something like that and is what you are implying in a roundabout way, then I have to agree with you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)