+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Murphy

Murphy

Ok, so...not many positives today and maybe I'm clutching at straws...but I've been negative all afternoon so I'm trying to redress the balance.

I thought he was one of our better players. Looked to attack and took them on. Aye, he ran into trouble a couple of times but he looked a lot better than he has done.

Agreed, to be fair I was impressed with most of our players in the first 45, except maybe Ritchie who was out of sorts today.

Yeah, Ritchie was poor but he works so hard he's earned himself the odd off game.

Our shape was good and we counter-attacked well. I just think we got a bit scared as half time approached.

That and, as you mentioned, Man U's quality began to show. They have some very good players who are several levels above ours...although, for what they paid for them, they should be.

thought he was a bit selfish and made the wrong decision

Quote Originally Posted by BenArfa10 View Post
    thought he was a bit selfish and made the wrong decision
    Gotta say I agree. Whilst I also agree with Zip - Murphy had his moments for sure and showed skills that he hasn't shown so far - I think he could've passed the ball more often and that would've led to more attacking plays. He's young though, godspeed...

I thought he was decent.

Certainly better than he has been in more recent games.

Early days for him, he looks nervous on the ball but I've seen worse players get start after start with no end product. Think he will play better when his confidence grows a bit. Bench player for me.

I have to admit that Murphy was a definite plus for me for two reasons.
    The first is, we know what he has in his tank and what he's capable of just by this game alone.
    The other reason is him sort of coming of age for us (his club) in terms of a deep end dipping make or break, which, considering the club he was up against and that team, plus the full stadium, id say it's done his confidence the world of good from which he could actually start to show his true self in the up and coming fixtures, hopefully.

Very good point that ghost, in regards "coming of age".

If he can do it there then he should be able to have it in him to do it elsewhere, in other games.

i would expect a lot more from someone rafs blew so much on

im just glad rafa is now playing him

however he is a very poor mans townsend

and anyone can showboat

he did pheck all else

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)