+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: how much more of this sh173 do we have to put up with

I'm wondering if you are that Five wakner Sunderland Cnut tbh. sh173. We were well in it for 30 mins. Look at the cost of the squads, they were at home and they have blown a lot of teams away at home. We are still 11th. Owt to f00kin complain about. 20 and f00kin counting.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    this season has been a bore
    You've been a bore all season and continue to be.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    Lejuenne and Manquillo were poor.

lascelles and merino were badly missed.

Yedlin and Shelvey were superb.

I wasn't too down afterwards.
    shelvey could have done more to stop 2 of their goals

on one he is ambling back pointing to where there was danger

their goal scorer runs from behind him into the area he shoud have been defending ie the penalty spot

he stops at the 18 yard line allowing the pass into hthat area he should have been taking up
    he does it again later on

he just stops at te 18 yard line

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    pogba and lukaku cost the same as the sum total of our last 23 signings (every player from the last 5 transfer windows)
    so we may as well give up then

what value has rafa brought then

as he isnt improving any of the players
    everyone keeps bleeting about what pogba cost etc
    he has been out for weeks and still out shone outr lot

they never had to get out of second gear and could even afford the luxury of bringing back injured and players getting fit knowing we are no threat

in jose said rafa set it up to make it hard for them
    but once we sorted that it becme easy

when you start a season defending and then realise you cant do that trying to get the players to then understand attacking isnt going to be easy

everyone says shelvey played well
    i think we leek to many goals with him in the team

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    OK, I watched that game today expecting to be blown off the park by MU, but I was pleasantly surprised by the effort we put in before the break, had we gone in at 0 - 1 I would have been amazed. After they took us apart in the second half I was looking for someone to pin the blame on but I really couldn't think of anyone who had played particularly badly enough to have lost us the game. We are what we are, a team that has been grossly under invested in over the last decade by an owner and back room boys who don't know their arses from their elbows. F*ck me, what else could Rafa have done today apart from maybe starting Mitro but I don't think that would have made much difference. I think if Rafa is given the funds in January we will be fine come the end of the season then forge on to better things next season.
    Well said.

We certainly didn't looked bad in the first half, in the 2nd their quality showed but you get what you pay for and they've paid a shed load more for their squad than we have.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    last season was a bore we crawled over the line ...just after spending millions and having a supposably world class manager in the fizzy

this season has been a bore

rafa is meant to be world class and working to a master plan
    and for those that have the ability to copy and paste actally think they know what his master plan is

he will sort the defence out they say

really !!!!!!!!!

he cant even defend agains the likes of burnley and other so called small teams

today he was given a lesson by a world class manager

last game he was gien a lesson by a young pup

rafa world class
    my arse

if we loose to watford
    which im hoping we wont
    i just cant wait to hear the geordie nation turn on him
    they will be turning the flags around and using them a badly spelt banners

im just gladthere are 3 worst teams (just ) than us

if i was spending 350 mill on a club id want a manager showing more progression than rafa
    get a life man

We did well overall to be fair but exceptionally well for the first half, just about, despite losing the two goals.
    The problem was, we were basically in top gear and Manutd were only in 3rd with 4th and cruise control of 5th to add, as and when.
    We basically sat back and tried to soak up then try to sting them, as and when the opportunity arose.
    I don't think we could have done much more against that team that they couldn't have also done extra to us, so a 4-1 beating (not thrashing) did not flatter them but equally did not disgrace us, overall.

When you're up against that quality it's never a level playing field and reliance on a bad day at the office for some of their team is always needed by much less quality opposition like ourselves.

It's nothing shocking and although I go into any game with a hope we win (like we all do) mentality, I also fully expect an outcome like this to rear up, so it's all about taking as many positives from this instead of negatives in this situation.

Another positive is in Rafa willing to take the game to teams.
    All we have to do is to sustain it and hopefully reap results of it.

Whilst I think that at times, pboromag does come out with good stuff, definitely controversial stuff and the occasional incisiveness observation, without a decent alternative to Rafa, it falls on deaf ears.

Rafa as said, regardless of what he may or may not have done, is honest in his analysis of the team. You cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear. He obviously sees things we do not, as we are not privy. At times he baffles us with his choices and formations but you cannot deny the man's intelligence, experience and knowledge of the game.

Twelve games in and he is starting to mix and match due to injuries or other circumstances. A third of the way through and we seem to be solid but lacking in the goal count. Yesterday against ManU, I expected nothing more than what we got, given the squad we have and there is more pain to come against the top 6.

pboromag, in my view seems to have appeared to forget that last year he needed a team to get us out of the Championship (as many on here have mentioned), so to a certain extent Rafa got stuck re transfers due to either financial constraints or slowness in moving in the transfer market for this year. No magic money tree!

I still have faith and whilst I believe that apart from Watford our next 2/3 games are unwinnable, we should survive and next year, with new owners, hopefully, we will rebuild. Setting aside Ashley's help and hindrance, he admits he has had enough, he cannot take us forward so we cannot dwell on his tenure but must look to the future and hope it comes soon.

I could go on but will stop there for the time being.

My concern is that if the takeover isn't completed early enough to provide funds for the Jan transfer window we could be dragged into a relegation battle. I don't think that any team from Newcastle downwards is safe. We are below both the teams promoted with us. What makes me smile is that NUFC fans are often criticised for having unrealistic expectations. We seem to have gone to the opposite pole, desperately trying to pick positives from a 1-4 defeat. I wonder how many fans of other PL clubs would do that. I'm sure that if we got beat 0-5 by Man City some would console themselves by saying 'at least we had two shots at goal.' There's clearly a limit to what Rafa can do with a mediocre squad. Getting beat by Man U doesn't worry me too much but getting beat by Burnley and Bournemouth is a different thing.

just because ashley isn't prepared to put money in, doesn't mean that money isn't available. if the club has generated it's own money, it will be spent. failure to do so would jeopardise any sale of the club and / or any future profit (should he decide not to sell).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)