+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how much more of this sh173 do we have to put up with

Quote Originally Posted by Curian View Post
    Whilst I think that at times, pboromag does come out with good stuff, definitely controversial stuff and the occasional incisiveness observation, without a decent alternative to Rafa, it falls on deaf ears.

Rafa as said, regardless of what he may or may not have done, is honest in his analysis of the team. You cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear. He obviously sees things we do not, as we are not privy. At times he baffles us with his choices and formations but you cannot deny the man's intelligence, experience and knowledge of the game.

Twelve games in and he is starting to mix and match due to injuries or other circumstances. A third of the way through and we seem to be solid but lacking in the goal count. Yesterday against ManU, I expected nothing more than what we got, given the squad we have and there is more pain to come against the top 6.

pboromag, in my view seems to have appeared to forget that last year he needed a team to get us out of the Championship (as many on here have mentioned), so to a certain extent Rafa got stuck re transfers due to either financial constraints or slowness in moving in the transfer market for this year. No magic money tree!

I still have faith and whilst I believe that apart from Watford our next 2/3 games are unwinnable, we should survive and next year, with new owners, hopefully, we will rebuild. Setting aside Ashley's help and hindrance, he admits he has had enough, he cannot take us forward so we cannot dwell on his tenure but must look to the future and hope it comes soon.

I could go on but will stop there for the time being.
    he brought players to get us out the fizzy and that were good enough for the prem in most cases
    added to that that he kept 8-10 players brought for the prem shelvey etc and then the players he brought in the last window
    he should be doing a lot better than he is

if you believe he has a master plan

and indeed if you rate him
    i dont

and whilst i am confident we wont go down

its not because of the manager
    just the same as when we came up last season it wasnt because of rafa

even kinnear would have brought us up last year
    and probably playing more attrwctive footy

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post

even kinnear would have brought us up last year
    and probably playing more attrwctive footy

Of course he would.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Of course he would.
    Hmmm

Oops, typing error, sorry kal. Was meant to copy pboro's amazing insight! Makes me wonder if pboro has memory problems......

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    just because ashley isn't prepared to put money in, doesn't mean that money isn't available. if the club has generated it's own money, it will be spent. failure to do so would jeopardise any sale of the club and / or any future profit (should he decide not to sell).
    How can Pboro claim Rafa has had the players for two seasons when he's only been here 18 months.

Or is it a case of can't spell as well as can't count. Some businessman.

Quote Originally Posted by occult View Post
    My concern is that if the takeover isn't completed early enough to provide funds for the Jan transfer window we could be dragged into a relegation battle. I don't think that any team from Newcastle downwards is safe. We are below both the teams promoted with us. What makes me smile is that NUFC fans are often criticised for having unrealistic expectations. We seem to have gone to the opposite pole, desperately trying to pick positives from a 1-4 defeat. I wonder how many fans of other PL clubs would do that. I'm sure that if we got beat 0-5 by Man City some would console themselves by saying 'at least we had two shots at goal.' There's clearly a limit to what Rafa can do with a mediocre squad. Getting beat by Man U doesn't worry me too much but getting beat by Burnley and Bournemouth is a different thing.
    Same here - I was hugely disappointed after the Bournemouth game but am not today. Bournemouth are a competitor for relegation with us this season and we were at home.
    It wasn´t the last minute goal so much (when they scored, my first reaction was - well done, you deserved that) it was the way we played in the second half. We were out played and looked knackered.

Any point against the top six is a massive bonus (home or away) but we must dispose of the likes of Brighton and Huddersfield at home if we are to survive.

Interesting point, that. Last two games the second half has been in marked contrast to the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Interesting point, that. Last two games the second half has been in marked contrast to the first.
    when super rafa has had time to talk to them
    taems with decent managers usually come out blazing second half

when a good manager has had time to sort them
    trouble is it is easy to suss rafas teams out so the opposition managers are doing a job on rafa

one of the reasons we may look tired is defending for so long is hard work

a bit like a boxer sitting on the ropes for ten rounds

both physically and mentally

with home advantage we should be attacking
    Last edited by pboromag; 20-11-2017 at 03:15 AM.

I'd rather see us do it like this than what we've been served up in the negativity department by Rafa.
    This is a breath of fresh air in-spite of the results.

All we need to do is work on the first half's of the last two games and then carry them into the entire second half and we will gain enough points to easily survive, I believe, whilst also playing some decent football with what we have.

This is all I asked and then I'll be happy.
    Not much to ask for, is it?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)