Quote Originally Posted by Curian View Post
Whilst I think that at times, pboromag does come out with good stuff, definitely controversial stuff and the occasional incisiveness observation, without a decent alternative to Rafa, it falls on deaf ears.

Rafa as said, regardless of what he may or may not have done, is honest in his analysis of the team. You cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear. He obviously sees things we do not, as we are not privy. At times he baffles us with his choices and formations but you cannot deny the man's intelligence, experience and knowledge of the game.

Twelve games in and he is starting to mix and match due to injuries or other circumstances. A third of the way through and we seem to be solid but lacking in the goal count. Yesterday against ManU, I expected nothing more than what we got, given the squad we have and there is more pain to come against the top 6.

pboromag, in my view seems to have appeared to forget that last year he needed a team to get us out of the Championship (as many on here have mentioned), so to a certain extent Rafa got stuck re transfers due to either financial constraints or slowness in moving in the transfer market for this year. No magic money tree!

I still have faith and whilst I believe that apart from Watford our next 2/3 games are unwinnable, we should survive and next year, with new owners, hopefully, we will rebuild. Setting aside Ashley's help and hindrance, he admits he has had enough, he cannot take us forward so we cannot dwell on his tenure but must look to the future and hope it comes soon.

I could go on but will stop there for the time being.
he brought players to get us out the fizzy and that were good enough for the prem in most cases
added to that that he kept 8-10 players brought for the prem shelvey etc and then the players he brought in the last window
he should be doing a lot better than he is

if you believe he has a master plan

and indeed if you rate him
i dont

and whilst i am confident we wont go down

its not because of the manager
just the same as when we came up last season it wasnt because of rafa

even kinnear would have brought us up last year
and probably playing more attrwctive footy