+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choice of Managers

Choice of Managers

The time is here where we can actually speculate a proper manager or management team.

It was always going to be a hard job for anyone to follow Pulis, after all he did have a long time to screw things up.

In my opinion two men have done something similar in the past to what we need now.

Nigel Pearson and Craig Shakespeare did for Leicester what is needed at West Brom, both are available both have managed our first team in the past with some success albeit as caretakers but they got results for the time they were in charge....the important fact is they work very well together.

More thoughts anyone?

No thanks

I have no issue with Pearson.

He did okay as caretaker for us but he hated Peace so that was never going to work.

We need to stop worrying about the fact he might not be the nicest man on the planet.

Same with Allardyce,to my mind he's a proper manager and he can attract players,he's also a Black Country boy so it's a natural fit.

Chris Wilder has done fantastic jobs at Oxford,Northampton and now Sheff UTD and he believes in attacking football but why would he give up the job he's always wanted to come to us?

I like Gary Rowett as a bloke and he's done well at Blues and a solid job at Derby.

Koemann excites me as much as Ann Widdecombe in a basque.

It'll be fun if the Chink appoints "Colin".

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    The time is here where we can actually speculate a proper manager or management team.

It was always going to be a hard job for anyone to follow Pulis, after all he did have a long time to screw things up.

In my opinion two men have done something similar in the past to what we need now.

Nigel Pearson and Craig Shakespeare did for Leicester what is needed at West Brom, both are available both have managed our first team in the past with some success albeit as caretakers but they got results for the time they were in charge....the important fact is they work very well together.

More thoughts anyone?

A big no thanks! If we get rid of Pulis then a proven manager at Premiership level please not another mark 2 Alan Irvine or the best Coach in the universe who may or may not cut it being a top manager!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    A big no thanks! If we get rid of Pulis then a proven manager at Premiership level please not another mark 2 Alan Irvine or the best Coach in the universe who may or may not cut it being a top manager!
    I was thinking more in line as both of them together BA, as in Clough/Taylor who were brilliant together but not too good on their own.
    They did a superb job for Foxes.

Quote Originally Posted by viaductbaggies View Post
    No thanks
    That's some very broad minded thoughts you got there vb....

Koeman has a great track record and a high win rate, he is Dutch so they do play a bit better stuff than Stoke City. He will also be like Hodgson, having a point to prove.

Pearson i rate highly, but he is an arsehole of a bloke, i don't think he would be here long before he upset someone.

Ranieri is another good shout, but probably past it now.

Tell you who i do rate, Nuno at Wolves, someone at the club should have done some homework on him, he would have been right up our street.

Has Tone gone then?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Has Tone gone then?
    Looks on the cards '55 can't see it not happening...the comments he is making he's virtually falling on his sword.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Looks on the cards '55 can't see it not happening...the comments he is making he's virtually falling on his sword.
    ill help him along with it by pushing him on the bl00dy thing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)