+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Charlie taylor

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Obviously one for the future as he's got this fella to shift http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40927356
    Dyche knows Taylor has talent but still 'raw' in many aspects required for PL,so being polished up to step into Wards boots ...........
    You can't polish if you don't apply lessons learned on the pitch, and Taylor is getting precious few minutes playing time. Can't say I'm either surprised nor that bothered TBH, not after his antics at the end of last season. Have much more sympathy with Byram, but after all they are all ex-players, less interesting than those still with us!

Dyche knew exactly what he was doing when Burnley signed Taylor from you lot. Taylor was brought in to provide competition, and eventually replace Ward, who’s getting on a bit. A perfect example of Dyche’s forward thinking is James Tarkowski. Tarko was signed a few years back as centre back cover and eventual full time CB. Keane left Burnley, Tarko stepped in seamlessly. One just needs to look what Dyche did with Joey Barton to realize Dyche knows exactly what he’s doing. You lot may have noticed Chris Wood is having a pretty decent season so far.

This thread is turning into a Burnley w@nkfest.

Mods remove this thread at once

But yes..you have to give the ginger one some serious credit..he does seem to know what he's doing.

You lot may have noticed Chris Wood is having a pretty decent season so far.

Why, who does he play for these days? 😌

It's hard to take any posting seriously, even if salient points, when you incorporate "you lot" in it.

Kind of makes it sound like you are rather uneducated and inbred.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Agreed Jez, but lets look a little closer to home (us, as well as other Championship teams), who are (perhaps out of necessity, but sometime (at least) out of a belief that they have to), doing much the same. Abandoning large parts of their youth development for precisely the reasons you give, that such investment results only in being cherry picked by the PL (and usually with those who are picked ending up languishing on the sidelines). There are sides in our division and higher where UK-born/qualifying players are still in the majority, it can be done, it just needs long-term investment and determination (even if the rule book isn't on our side, as it is in Germany for instance).
    I'm guessing you mean the new young players being brought in from abroad? I don't know a lot about our youth system now - is the previous conveyor belt of talent from Yorkshire/reasonably near Yorkshire drying up/being dismantled?

I really hope not, but it sounds from your post that it is changing rather than just being added to?

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    I'm guessing you mean the new young players being brought in from abroad? I don't know a lot about our youth system now - is the previous conveyor belt of talent from Yorkshire/reasonably near Yorkshire drying up/being dismantled?

I really hope not, but it sounds from your post that it is changing rather than just being added to?
    Others here will know my feelings towards the "investment" in Cultural Leonora, where more "hoovered up" players have been deposited to "improve" when any lessons they learn will be completely out of kilter with anything they are required to deliver in the English leagues. there ARE players in the Academy system, but whether or not that system is being nurtured as it was, hmm... can't quite see how the new coaching team are any better than their predecessors, and most have no experience in the English leagues (sound familiar?).

Other will tell you different, for sure, time and results will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by exilecanada View Post
    Dyche knew exactly what he was doing when Burnley signed Taylor from you lot. Taylor was brought in to provide competition, and eventually replace Ward, who’s getting on a bit. A perfect example of Dyche’s forward thinking is James Tarkowski. Tarko was signed a few years back as centre back cover and eventual full time CB. Keane left Burnley, Tarko stepped in seamlessly. One just needs to look what Dyche did with Joey Barton to realize Dyche knows exactly what he’s doing. You lot may have noticed Chris Wood is having a pretty decent season so far.
    Good points - I'll take that further......... still having a York connection I bump into Paul Robinson mooching about the gym in the city he lives in and would suggest that Dyche investment in him was invaluable for your goalkeepers experience in their learning curve - shrewd buys by Burnley.
    MOT

Quote Originally Posted by exilecanada View Post
    Wood might be having a good season so far, but hardly an example of Dyche investing in a player who can be "finished" in anticipation of taking up the reins from a predecessor?

Wood will serve us well in the champions league next season..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)